FAÇADE FONDATION PIERRE BERGÉ - YVES SAINT LAURENT
The Pierre Bergé - Yves Saint Laurent foundation opened to the public on 10 march 2004
The foundation was created to prolong the history of the House of Yves Saint Laurent, whose Haute Couture operations ceased on 31 October 2002.
The Pierre Bergé - Yves Saint Laurent foundation has set itself three primary goals
- To conserve the 5,000 Haute Couture garments and the 15,000 accessories, sketches and assorted objects that bear witness to 40 years of Yves Saint Laurent's creativity.
- To organize exhibitions: fashion, paintings, photographs, drawings.
- To support cultural and educational projects.
The foundation's collection is conserved under museum conditions
- Constant temperature of 18 degrees Celsius.
- Hygrometric level of 50 percent.
- Dust-resistant cabinets.
- Special acid-resistant archive containers.
The foundation was officially recognized by the French authorities on 5 December 2002. It has 200 m2 of exhibition space.