HÔTEL DE LAUZUN
The Hôtel Lauzun (1657) is also attributed to Louis Le Vau, Louis XIV's court architect. It now belongs to the city of Paris, which uses it as an official guest house. In the mid 19th C it was the home of Baudelaire, Gautier and the painter Beauvoir, all members of the legendary Club des Hachichins. The house is sumptuously decorated with frescoes, stucco-work and sculptures.