- Deadline: August 16th, 2013
PEACE, LOVE & UNDERSTANDING
The theme for The Peace Project's 4th Annual Call for Artists is "Peace, Love & Understanding." This international juried art competition and exhibition connects peace-minded individuals everywhere in the pursuit of a better world that art can help create.
We invite you to join hands with us and share your vision of "peace, love & understanding". Learn about what The Peace Project has accomplished with the help of artists worldwide by visiting ThePeaceProject.com
This exhibition will be unveiled on World Peace Day, September 21st at Affair of the Arts in Culver City, CA, and will then makes stops throughout the United States. Confirmed appearances include:
September 21st & 22nd -- Affair of the Arts, Culver City, CA
October 3rd -- Evening Reception, Landmark Arts Building, Chelsea, NY
October 5th -- Open House, Landmark Arts Building, Chelsea, NY
October 12th -- 29 Pieces, Dallas, TX
November 1st -- Long Beach First Fridays (in conjunction with Gallery Expo), Long Beach, CA
November 23rd -- The Whole 9 Gallery, Culver City, CA
Early 2013 -- San Francisco, CA
PEACE PROJECT EXHIBIT
A traveling exhibit will be created featuring two components:
- 150 pieces selected from all entries by a jury. Each piece will be reproduced on 1 foot x 1 foot panels (30.5cm x 30.5cm) provided courtesy of American Easel and arranged in a grid to illustrate that peace is both an individual and collective mission, and that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
In addition to the exhibition, The Whole 9 and The Peace Project will again create a commemorative hardcover book featuring at least one submission from every participating artist. We’ll also design and sell other Peace Project merchandise that may feature submissions from the Call for Artists.
Our goal is to expose participating artists to leaders in the fine and commercial art worlds. A number are included on this year's panel with additional judges from other geographical areas to be announced in the coming weeks.
Glenn Sagon CEO, Sagon Phior Los Angeles, CA L. Croskey Co-Owner of Thinkspace Gallery
Curator of Cannibal Flower
Los Angeles, CA Steve Bishop Photographer's Agent, Steve Bishop Orange County, CA Vicki Meek Director, South Dallas Cultural Center Dallas, TX Irene Hernandez-Felks Founder, Wonderland SF Gallery
Founder, Chillin' Productions
San Francisco, CA Kipton Cronkite Founder, @60" New York, NY
- Best of Show $1,000 Cash
- Peace Maker Awards (2) $ 300 Cash
- Color Awards (5) Art Set (valued at $200) compliments of Prismacolor
- Inspiration Awards (7) 2013 Commemorative Peace Project Book
All awardees will also receive a copy of The Best of Elvis Costello, which includes his track (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding.
- Deadline for submissions is 2pm, Pacific Time, August 16th.
- Open to all visual artists worldwide.
- Artist must be a member of TheWhole9.com and have a completed profile. (There is no cost to become a member. Click here to join.)
- Work must be two-dimensional and original work may be any medium.
- Original canvas may be any size, however, submitted artwork must be cropped to square as all selected pieces will be printed and mounted (by The Whole 9) on 1 foot x 1 foot panels (approximately 30.5cm x 30.5cm) for the exhibition.
- A short explanation of the artist's vision about the piece must be included, along with a description of the medium.
- 150 submissions will be selected for inclusion in exhibition.
- If selected, artist must be able to provide a high-quality, high-resolution file (minimum of 300 dpi) of image that will be printed and mounted on a panel.
- Artists retain rights to submitted works, but grant The Whole 9 and The Peace Project rights to the digital reproduction of their submission(s) to include in The Peace Project’s traveling exhibition, commemorative book, and any other merchandise produced to raise funds for The Peace Project or promotion of The Peace Project. ALL proceeds from sales of artwork and merchandise will be used to transform lives through Peace Project initiatives.
- $10 per piece paid when piece is submitted online. Your submission will not be visible until the fee is paid.
- There is no limit to the number of works that may be submitted.
- More than one piece from an artist may be selected and included in the exhibit.
- Entries must be submitted online by 2pm Pacific Time, Friday, August 16th, 2013.
- Notification of juried results will be announced by September 7th, 2013.
Both The Peace Project and The Whole 9 are conceived upon the philosophy of inclusion -- encouraging people from all cultures, religions, and creative walks of life, to participate, connect, share resources, and help find solutions for a better world. We will gladly waive the fee for any artist (especially artists outside of North America) that wants to participate but is unable to do so because of the submission fee or because PayPal is not used in your country. Please follow the submission instructions and when you get to the payment page, log out and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post your submission. If you would like to get involved in The Peace Project beyond submitting your art, please click here to contact us.