Brooklyn, NY 11211
Arts@Renaissance is an innovative 4,500 square foot arts space in the restored outpatient building of the Greenpoint Hospital that serves as a bridge between North Brooklyn’s vibrant long-term communities and the area’s emerging creative population through the development of new multi-disciplinary work, residencies, workshops, and collaborative neighborhood art projects.
St. Nicks Alliance founded A@R in 2010 with the purpose of uniting artists and other creative members of the North Brooklyn community with its existing low and middle income constituents. A@R is a natural extension of the housing, youth, health, employment and community preservation services that St. Nicks has provided in the neighborhood since 1975.
Arts@Renaissance encompasses the entire garden level of the Greenpoint Renaissance Center and includes eight distinct rooms including a 1,300 square foot central multi-use space, studios, and an 800 square foot courtyard. Our annual programs include:
1) Site-specific residencies for multi-disciplinary artists for the creation of new work with a full calendar of events that have a tangible benefit to the broader community.
2) Studio residencies for North Brooklyn artists with community-based practice.
3) Forums on critical neighborhood issues of interest to artists including affordable housing, environmental concerns, and neighborhood preservation.
4) A senior arts workshop series with skill-sharing classes for North Brooklyn’s aging population.
5) A yearlong curriculum-based professional development program for artists in partnership with the Brooklyn Business Center, St. Nicks Alliance’s entrepreneurship arm.
Arts@Renaissance creates an opportunity to embrace the change in the neighborhood by engaging artists of all backgrounds in weaving a new social fabric and building consensus around the environmental, economic and community development challenges faced by the area. A@R extends St. Nicks Alliance’s services to a new population while uniting neighbors with common values and issues to collectively work for a safe, vibrant and affordable North Brooklyn. The arts are a catalyst to make this work possible and A@R is the venue where this work takes place.
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.