Bigindicator

The Landmarks of New York

Event  |  Reviews  |  Comments
20121029002806-ny_li_coignet_stone_co_bldg_brklyn_vignelli_sm_0
William Field and Son (firm active late-19th century), New York and Long Island Coignet Stone Company Building, 1872–1873. 360 Third Avenue, Brooklyn © Courtesy of New York Historical Society
The Landmarks of New York

170 Central Park West
New York City, NY 10024
December 14th, 2012 - February 18th, 2013
Opening: December 14th, 2012 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM

QUICK FACTS
WEBSITE:  
http://www.nyhistory.org/
NEIGHBORHOOD:  
upper west side
EMAIL:  
webmaster@nyhistory.org
PHONE:  
(212) 873-3400
OPEN HOURS:  
Tue-Thu 10-6; Fri 10-8; Sat 10-6; Sun 11-5:45
TAGS:  
photography

DESCRIPTION

Following the Landmarks of New York exhibition mounted in the spring of 2009, the New-York Historical Society will be highlighting the newly acquired set of thirty more similar photographs of significant New York buildings and outside spaces. These photographs, which are being donated to New-York Historical by Barbaralee Diamonstein-Spielvogel, remain as critical documents of the structure and character of New York. The Landmarks of New York will be the culmination of a state-wide tour of one hundred photographs of New York landmarks.