University of California Berkeley
I didn't choose to be a painter. Painting chose me. The passion for painting began when I was very young and I started to draw. I guess when I began to have a conscience, a sense of life and the world around me. I became aware of the desire to paint. I began to paint in oils about 30 years ago and I never stopped. It was a psychological necessity. It was a part of me, a way of life and a way of thinking. I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way. They say there is a fine line between creativity and insanity. They say it is a curse being an artist but to me the alternative is unthinkable. Painting for me is a manner of describing and recreating things, a change of reality and also an observation of others.
There are days when I do not paint. Those days I have a sensation of loss. I believe painting has its own life. When it comes out of the studio, it no longer needs the artist. It is independent and speaks for itself. When I am able to sustain my life from my vocation, it is magic. I give the best of my being and my soul to painting. Although, I admit I am sometimes disappointed.
Sometimes, I do not plan my paintings. I create an image in an instant. A few of my works are based upon physical acts and not intellectual concepts. My creations are affected by my feelings. Interventions can change the course of my work and infiltrate my work without my knowledge. It could be in a landscape a figure or a still life. They say an artist always paints a portrait of himself. And that is finally, at which a true painter arrives, spontaneously. To paint is to render yourself vulnerable; it is to open your heart to others.
- BFA. Painting, Art History.
- Florida State University. Cum Laude.
- Michael Ham Memorial College. University Of Cambridge. GED.
- Art classes completed at: University of California, Berkeley; Laney College, California; Tallahassee Community College, Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale. Florida State University and Florida Atlantic University.
- SOLO EXHIBITIONS
- 2015 Z Ocean Hotel, Art Basel, Miami Beach
- 2014 Spanish River Gallery, Boca Raton
- 2012 James A. Rutherford Patch Reef Park, Boca Raton
- 2011 Spanish River Gallery, Boca Raton
- 2010 Spanish River Gallery, Boca Raton
- 2008 Meyerhoefer Gallery, Palm Beach
- 2007 Meyerhoefer Gallery, Palm Beach County, Florida
- Peter of Weston, Weston Florida
- Solange Rabello Fine Arts, Miami
- 2005 Bank United, Boca Raton
- 2003 Boca Raton, Community Center
- 1999 Gardens Art, Palm Beach Gardens Florida
- 1997 Boca Raton City Hall
- 1996 Coconut Creek Government Center
- 1994 Palm Beach International Airport
- 1991 Broward County Main Library, One woman sho
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.