Find Your Calling Istanbul Arts Residency Program by Atelier Muse, invites enthusiastic artists all around the world to Istanbul!
#homemade edition of the program, this year, Atelier Muse invites artists not as guests but hosts at our new space of innovative thinking to make this space home for all of us altogether. Yes, it is a challenge! So, are you in?
Atelier Muse Residency Program, among other projects, initiated in 2017, is the realisation of a lifelong dream of its founder Müge Olacak to add value to life by coming together, exchanging knowledge and creativity with curiosity. The program is established to host artists from all around the world, creating a bridge of understanding between cultures and leveraging the knowhow and qualifications of arts and culture field. Istanbul, a city that is both Asian and European, is without a doubt the best place to get stimulated and inspired. The organisation shares its founder’s believe, that art is a remedy for growing divisions and conflicts in today’s societies and we are able find a common ground by working together in creating it.
Find Your Calling Istanbul is designed as a consultancy program for artists and producers/arts managers who are ready and eager for challenges to move further aside from a production time in the studio.
Disciplines: Contemporary dance, Performance, New Media, Dance Writing, Community, Film & Video, Science, Other (please specify).
Application Dates: 23rd Jan – 28th Feb, 2019
Informing participants: Applications will be assessed and participants will be informed on an ongoing basis. Latest information to be shared on 6th March.
Duration: 2 weeks – 3 months
Timing: August – November 2019
What you get, as a participant, within this program
- Technical equipments (sound&light according to need)
- Curatorial feedback
- Mentorship sessions in creative entrepreneurship and business management without an additional payment
- Networking events with local arts community and public
- Matching and partnering
- Artist assistance
- Accommodation space
- Active support for fundraising
- Regular, active, and productive use of the studio space during the residency period.
- A public presentation as a publication, performance piece, workshop, film etc.
- A creative way of hosting an event at the new Atelier Muse space.
- A last written and visual log for further communication and our archive.
Residency Fees: €310/week |3 Months: €3,100
Deposit guarantee: €310
The program fee mentioned is for one person. Second artist +220 € / week (Only for the group with a proven track record of working together)
Payment Terms and Conditions
- Upon selection, the artist will receive a copy of the contract which shall not considered valid until the full payment of the deposit and the service fees has been received within 15 days after along with a signed copy of the Agreement been returned.
- Production, material costs are not included in the service fee but assistance is provided in case of need.
- Deposit guarantee will be returned in full to the artist should there be no damages or other incumbrance upon check-out.
- A deposit of 2-week residency fee is due 2 months before beginning of the residency to effectively book your place in the program.
- All payments will be made through bank of which details to be shared after your acceptance.
- Money wiring fees are to be paid by the sender.
- If you cancel 2 months before your stay, you receive a complete refund. Cancellations less than 2 months before your residency incur no refund.
*Artist collaboratives should apply separately for each member of the group or include all info for everyone in one application form. Please note that the program fee mentioned is for one person. Second or more participant (artist, producer and such) +€220/person/week (Only for the group with a proven track record of working together)
**All applications and work samples must be submitted in, or translated to, either Turkish or English.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: hello(@)ateliermuse.org
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.