Bow Arts are inviting expressions of interest for the 6th RAW Labs artist residency at Royal Albert Wharf, Newham.
The residency takes place from March to July 2019.
Open to: Fine Artists / designers / makers. We particularly welcome expressions of interest from artist groups or collectives
RAW Labs is a community hub for Royal Albert Wharf, championing arts, culture and creativity with great coffee. The space is a key component of Bow Arts’ activity at Royal Albert Wharf, Newham, alongside 40 artist studios and a wider community and education programme. The space offers residents and visitors a changing programme of arts and cultural events and activities. We are keen to explore how arts and culture contribute to creating a sense of place at the heart of a newly formed neighbourhood. RAW Labs hosts regular classes, exhibitions and events alongside a café that is open to the public, currently on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Fee: Up to £4,000
- Rent-free workspace for the duration (typical rent £490 per month).
- Bursary of up to £4,000, comprising:
- £2,500 artist fee (to include a minimum of eight public-facing / education sessions)
- Up to £1,500 towards materials / equipment
How to apply: Please send an expression of interest to Rob Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining in no more than 500 words:
- Any initial ideas, themes or interests you hope to explore through the residency
(NB: We are not expecting fully formed proposals at this stage)
- How the opportunity will help develop your artistic practice
- An indication of the type and scale of public facing and/or educational activity you would be interested in offering, and your previous experience of delivering this type of work
- An indication of how the fee might support your residency
Please include up to 5 images of relevant previous work, and a link to your website where applicable. The total file size should not exceed 6mb.
The Deadline for expressions of interest is: Monday 14 January, 12noon.
Interviews for shortlisted artists will take place in the afternoon of Wednesday 23 January at RAW Labs.
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.