Description of the position
Reporting directly to the owner, the Gallery Manager is a senior staff member responsible for business operations such as sales, administrative duties, and exhibition related activities. He/She plays a critical role in ensuring that our Miami's office operates seamlessly. If you are a creative and proactive team player with a vast knowledge of, and interest in, the contemporary art market, with a track record of sales, who is hardworking, goal oriented, positive and with an entrepreneurial focus, we encourage you to apply!
Duty and Responsibilities
• Sale of artworks
• Prospect for new collectors and maintain contact with collectors, maintain de collector database
• Greet customers and provide a comfortable environment to all gallery visitors
• Responsible for personal sales paperwork, credit card processing, and taking proper payment.
• Maintain minimum employment standards including gallery sales / telephone sales quotas established with the owner.
• Track and monitor all sales invoices, payments and shipping
• Coordinate with fellow gallery staff and departments all pre- and post-sales details
• Oversee all gallery functions, including, but not limited to, maintaining database sales records, artist information, gallery installations, frame storage and lighting
• Keep record of inventory of all works in and out of the gallery
• Supervise the dismantling and installation of new exhibitions
• Manage vernissage receptions
• Manage the gallery assistants and interns (coordinate logistic, schedule, payments, etc)
• Prepare materials and documents for offers, exhibition checklists, and viewings
• Compile monthly receipts and expense reports
• Performs general office duties, attends meetings
• Create and implementing systems for elevated efficiency
• Keep a clean, tidy and professional work environment
• All other duties assigned
• Excellent sales skills, ability to connect with collectors and create new ones
• Must be self-motivated, hardworking, able to worked unsupervised
• Excellent communication, time-management, follow-up and organizational skills, multitasking, an abundance of patience, professional manner, and a desire to collaborate are vital
• Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with collectors, artists, interns, board and staff
• Experience managing art galleries/art spaces and implementing special events and programs
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Experience managing art galleries/art spaces, with a minimum of 2 years in a senior management position
• Master’s degree in related field (Art History and/or Management)
• Proven track record of sales achievement
• Strong knowledge of Latin American art and Contemporary Art
• Fluent in Spanish, additional language is a plus
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally for art fairs
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, Mac skills and Photoshop, spreadsheet and database software applications
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and be flexible to changing priorities
• Be able to work effectively as a team member with a ‘big picture’ view
• American citizenship or green card
• Valid driver license
Deadline for Applicants: Friday, November 20th
Candidates must send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered:
• Cover Letter
• Salary Requirements
• Two professional references
About Piero Atchugarry Gallery
Piero Atchugarry Gallery is a contemporary gallery with a strong focus on conceptual and minimalist art. The gallery represents a wide range of artists from Europe, Latin America, North America and Japan. The gallery was created in 2013 with the opening of its first location in Garzon, Uruguay and is surrounded by a 22 hectares sculpture park. In December 2018 the gallery will open its second location 9,600 square feet in Little Haiti in Miami.
The gallery is present internationally through art fairs such as Art Brussels, Art Dubai, Artissima, Art Cologne, Art Dusseldorf.
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.