FAQ – Key Venues
ArtSlant calendar and venue listings are split into two basic venue types: Key Venues and All Venues.
WHAT IS A KEY VENUE?
Key Venues are the established contemporary art galleries and museums, as identified by ArtSlant's editorial team. These designations are a way to assist our audience in navigating the extensive exhibition and venue listings on ArtSlant.
Key Venues are denoted by a small checkmark next to the gallery or museum's name in our venue listings and on our maps. For example:
SEARCHING USING KEY VENUES
When refining a search for a venue or exhibition, you can select whether you want to see only Key Venues or All Venues. Search results for All Venues will include the Key Venues and the more experimental and hybrid venues in each city. For example:
GUIDELINES FOR KEY VENUE STATUS
The following criteria will be used in determining key venue status for galleries and museums:
• Must be a dedicated gallery or museum open to the public with regular viewing hours.
• Must have a year-long curated exhibition program that includes solo and group shows.
• Must have been in operation at least one year.
• Must be recognized by the community as a significant contemporary art venue.
• Must be reviewed and approved by ArtSlant curation team.
VENUES NOT ACCEPTED AS KEY VENUES
• Hybrid venues such as cafe/gallery, boutique/gallery, or showroom/gallery.
• Private venues not open to the public; invitation-only venues.
• Venues that change their programming or purpose so that they no longer fit our criteria.
APPLY FOR KEY VENUE STATUS
The ArtSlant curation team reviews requests for Key Venues as they arrive. Please send a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Request for Key Venue Status" in the subject field of your email and be sure to list the name of your venue and link to your ArtSlant Profile and venue website in your email.
ArtSlant reserves the right to award or remove Key Venue status at any time without prior notification.
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.