One Billion Rising Art Exhibition – February 4-20, 2014
Call for ArtistsAll Artwork must be delivered between January 8- 27
Artists Arise! Polk State College is hosting a National Juried Art Exhibition in reaction to the staggering facts regarding violence against women.
One Billion Rising is named for a troubling statistic, that one in three women, or an estimated 1 billion women, will be physically abused in her lifetime. Calling for artwork concerning Women’s Rights and ending violence against women, from every perspective.
The gallery is accepting submissions that expose both the stories of violence and also the victories in overcoming violence. Artist interpretations of this topic can be abstract or literal. We want to see stories of struggle, empowerment, and victory. Students, local, and professional artists of any gender are encouraged to apply
Polk State College Visual Arts is hosting an art exhibition that Raises awareness about Domestic Violence, supports Women’s rights, and promotes art with a social context.
This exhibition will provide the community with an cultural event and students with an opportunity to view, create, and exhibit artwork related to the cause. Students, Local, or National Artists can apply to the Exhibition.
Funds collected from this event will be donated to the Women’s Resource Center and Peace River Center on behalf of the Polk State College Visual arts and the Polk State College Foundation.
One Billion Rising Call For Art<http://foundation.polk.edu/wp-content/uploads/One-Billion-Rising-Call-For-Art-1.pdf> One Billion Rising Entry Form<http://foundation.polk.edu/wp-content/uploads/One-Billion-Rising-Entry-Form.doc>
Contest Rules & Guidelines
* $5 per entry per student. $10 per entry per non-student. Maximum of 10 entries per artist.
* All entry fees and sales go to benefit the Women’s Resource center and Peace River center equally.
* Artist receives 70% for any sales. 30% will be a donated to the Women’s Resource center and Peace River center equally.
* All Artwork must be delivered between January 8- 27
* Show Dates February 4-20
* Reception Thursday, February 6, 5:30-7:30pm
* Only original 2D and 3D artworks are eligible
* 2D works must be properly wired for hanging. 3D works must stand freely or sit on a pedestal. Largest dimensions applicable are 72” in any direction; works must not weigh more than 150 lbs.
* Artwork must be picked up by February 24
2 Ways To Register:
1. Download the One Billion Rising Entry Form, complete it, and hand deliver, email, or mail it in with your artwork to: Polk State College, Attn: WFA Gallery, 999 Avenue H NE, Winter Haven, Florida 33881. Make entry fee checks payable to the Polk State College Foundation. Be sure to attach respective labels with the artwork being delivered or shipped.
2. Use the Donation Form below to submit your registration fee, and enter “One Billion Rising” in the field marked “Please designate my gift for a specific purpose.”
2 Ways to Enter Your Art:
After completing the registration, you may enter your art in one of two ways:
1. Mail or deliver physical works of art to: Polk State College, Attn: WFA Gallery, 999 Avenue H NE, Winter Haven, Florida 33881
2. Enter digital works of art by sending them to: email@example.com<