Rhode Island School of Design is a global leader in art and design education with a distinguished history of excellence in teaching and pedagogy, and a rigorous educational model that encourages creative experimentation and risk-taking.
RISD is seeking full-time faculty members who are interested in the challenge of combining engaged teaching, vibrant professional practice and dedicated leadership and service in a community committed to critical making and critical thinking. They will join our full- and part-time faculty, experts in their respective fields and dedicated teachers, who come together with our exceptional students to create a vibrant community that celebrates difference and creativity. Appointments to begin fall 2013.
Division of Foundation Studies
- Assistant Professor, Drawing
- Assistant Professor, Spatial Dynamics (3D)
Division of Fine Arts
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Ceramics
- Assistant Professor, Photography
Division of Architecture and Design
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Apparel Design
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Architectural Structures
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Architectural Computation and Representation
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Furniture Design
Visit www.risd.edu/jobs for job descriptions and application information.
The mission of Rhode Island School of Design, through its college and museum, is to educate its students and the public in the creation and appreciation of works of art and design, to discover and transmit knowledge and to make lasting contributions to a global society through critical thinking, scholarship and innovation. Located in Providence, RI, RISD’s 2400 undergraduate and graduate students are enrolled in 22 programs organized in five academic divisions: Architecture + Design, Fine Arts, Foundation Studies, Graduate Studies, and Liberal Arts.