San Francisco, CA 94103
Our Mission: ArtHouse serves as a clearinghouse for information about artists' studio and live/work space and cultural facilities.
Our History: In 1986, California Lawyers for the Arts (C.L.A.) and the San Francisco Arts Commission developed ArtHouse as a joint program to respond to the acute need of artists for affordable space in which to live and work in the Bay Area. C.L.A. is an organization which provides educational programs, publications, lawyer referral and alternative dispute resolution services for artists and arts organizations of all disciplines. ArtHouse has become a resource for arts organizations seeking to improve their facilities. We are located at 1360 Mission St., between 9th and 10th St., in San Francisco.
- ArtHouse Hotline: Since 1989 ArtHouse has provided a listing service devoted to artists' spaces in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Artist Hotline contains listings for artists' live/work and work-only spaces in the greater Bay Are. To subscribe to the hotline, check out our Listings page for instructions.
- Studios and Office Space for Lease to artists and arts organizations!
- ArtHouse provides an artist certification service for artist-restricted housing units.
- Do you have space for an artist? If you have live/work, studio, or workshop space that you would like to rent to an artist, please contact us to post an ad on our hotline at (415) 552-2183 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ArtHouse Studios, Gallery Space & Office Suite
ArtHouse California has been a resource for artists seeking space for the past 20 years. ArtHouse is excited to provide a centrally located venue for creative individuals and organizations at our 1360 Mission Street address. Our goal is to make our arts facility a destination point for the City of San Francisco and creative people looking to expand their artistic endeavors in a welcoming community.
ArtHouse has 8000 square feet of ground floor space housing individual studio spaces dedicated to a range of visual art practices. We are currently planning to build out additional studios. The studios will range in sizes ideal for individual artists. Adjacent to our artist studios, we have created a multi-use cultural space for a variety of community events, including exhibitions, performances, workshops and seminars.
On our second floor, our office suite is home to artists, writers, dancers, film makers, architects, designers, and non-profit organizations. We rent affordable office space, workshop and conference room space to individuals and organizations.
Further construction of our studio spaces will soon be underway and we want artists on board! Sign up on our waiting list now to reserve your studio space and receive progress updates. We would love to hear from you about your studio needs and have you become part of our ArtHouse family.
Non-profit Community Media Center @ The Goodman 2 Building
Art Space Development Corporation at 1695 18th Street, is seeking Digital Media Production organizations for a non-profit community Media Center in the heart of San Francisco on Potrero Hill.
We have 1500 square feet of raw space to be developed into a media production space for a community of non-profits with like goals:
• Education and community service, training and mentoring programs for at-risk youth and adults
• Collaborative programming and productions
• Use of digital technology for training and networking
• Develop new and innovative programs in an artistic, creative environment
For more information please contact email@example.com. Let us know of your interest in this exciting new project.
~ HERE’S TO A SUCCESSFUL AND CREATIVE 2009! ~