The Lowe Art Museum
Coral Gables, FL 33146
The mission of the Lowe Art Museum, the art museum of the University of Miami, is to serve the University, and the Greater South Florida communities, and national and international visitors as a teaching and exhibiting resource through its permanent and borrowed collections.
The Lowe Art Museum:
- Collects original, quality works of art primarily from Asia, Africa, Europe and the Americas;
- Exhibits and preserves the permanent collection according to the highest professional standards;
- Researches the permanent collection and publishes the findings in exhibition catalogues and articles;
- Organizes traveling exhibitions and loans of individual works from the permanent collection to expand knowledge and appreciation of art both regionally and nationally;
- Enhances the appreciation of the permanent collection through borrowed and organized traveling exhibitions and loans of individual works; and
- Supports, extends and enriches the mission of the University of Miami for students, faculty, scholars, residents, and visitors to South Florida to appreciate and more fully comprehend art and its history.