London N17 9NF
arc is a centre dedicated to the appreciation of the arts, representing a Point of Departure from the narrow perception of art forms in terms of ideals and conformity. Our primary goal is to foster excellence in the visual arts through a range of mediums including exhibitions, educational programmes,artist support and marketing of art works. We promote Art for All, with specialist expertise in promoting modern and contemporary art from Africa and Diaspora.
At arc we believe in the continual flow of art as a dynamic medium of expression and communication and the development of art and culture as a tool for social, economic, cultural development and community cohesion. Central to this belief is the role of the Artists; the wider Community and Corporate Partnerships.
- maximising artists' medium for income generation
- assisting the artists’ practise in the provision of resources and materials
- connecting the arts, commerce and communities
- facilitating cultural and aesthetic enrichment to built environment
- widening opportunities for access to creative and cultural activities
- initiating youth and intergenerational programmes
- collaborating with the artist to make their work exhibition-ready (including transportation and in–transit storage)
- exhibiting the artist’s work
- retailing and marketing of the artist’s work
- international representation (with publicity) and development of artists’ profiles
- Resource support including studio space and art materials
- promotion of ART FOR ALL through free community art exhibitions and educational programmes
- support for amateur artists
- facilitating intercultural projects-exchange of ideas between different cultures
- promotion of cultural engagement, e.g.,competitions and excellence awards
- introductions to established and emerging artists
- enhancing community brand awareness through engagement with the arts
At arc we recognise that all cultures borrow from each other and we welcome you to enjoy the creative impulses / influences in the works presented here - firstly, as artworks in their own right and secondly, to gain an appreciation and awareness of artists of African and Diaspora heritage
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.