Green Lens Studios
London N4 1SF
GREEN LENS STUDIOS is a photographic studio, project space, art gallery full of atmosphere and character. Located in North London, we are the first sustainable photographic studio in the UK.
We recognise that as a business we cannot be 100% eco-friendly, however, we can (and do) seek to minimise our impact on the environment, without interfering with the quality of our professional service. Details of actions include:
• In the conversion of a disused 1880s stables into GLS, we used 70% reclaimed material
• The building has been thoroughly insulated and draught-proofed
• Energy & water saving devices are in use
• We recycle 100% of our waste
• We use a renewable energy plan
• Solar panels are due to be installed later this year to take us off the grid
• We promote eco-friendly methods of transport, including cycling to deliver equipment
• Environmental consultants – Ecovate – presented us with an ecocertificate and nominations for their 2010 “eco-micro business of the year” and “green service” awards (see certificate)
• We use organic or fairtrade produce wherever possible
• To offset our carbon footprint we annually participate in a tree planting initiative
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.