Stanley Picker Gallery
Kingston University, Knights Park
Kingston upon Thames KT1 2QJ
Established in 1997, The Stanley Picker Gallery at the Faculty of Art, Design & Architecture, Kingston University, works with artists, designers, students and academics to facilitate and provide access to a broad programme of exhibitions, collaborative projects, events and education initiatives.
The Stanley Picker Fellowship Programme occupies a strategic role within the organisation. Each year the scheme provides leading Fine Art and Design practitioners with the opportunity to develop an innovative project of international standing that is premiered at the Stanley Picker Gallery.
The broad programme at the Stanley Picker Gallery aims to engage with audiences within the University and the wider community, to encourage and assist the development of research in the arts and to enhance and contribute to the regional, national and international cultural environments by:
- Devising and implementing a broad range of exhibitions, collaborative projects and events that reflect the changing diversity and convergence of contemporary arts practice.
- Providing opportunities for artists, designers, academics and students to engage in collaborative practice.
- Generating and facilitating innovative work in the arts as part of the Faculty's research strategy.
- Enhancing the social and cultural life of the regional community through an inclusive programme of education events and outreach projects.
- Providing access to the gallery's programme of activities to as broad a public as possible.
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.