Best of the Festival - Fundraising Auction
London WC1 X9DA
Please join us for the last official event of the London Festival of Photography 2012.
The festival consists of eighteen high quality exhibitions, sixteen of which are FREE to attend. We are a not-for-profit organisationand operate independently of any corporate brand, ensuring a consistently high quality of artistic content. All exhibitions are curated or co-curated in-house by the festival team.
We have accomplished all of this on the smallest of shoestring budgets. Arts funding has become increasingly difficult to obtain in recent times, and the festival does not benefit from grants funding or lucrative sponsorship deals.
Press coverage and public consensus indicates that we are doing something important and needed and we need your help to continue doing it - please support the festival by buying a fundraising event ticket and joining us for one of the most fun events of the festival.
Many of the festival's contributing photographers have donated prints so you will have the chance to own the best of the festival. Lively entertainment, refreshments and opportunities for industry mingling and prize-winning will ensure the evening is a night to remember. We may get even luckier than last year and witness Peter Dench losing more than just his shirt!
Everything sold at the 2011 auction, all proceeds will go towards ensuring the festival will be back in 2013. Food and drinks provided.
LOTS AND PRIZES WILL INCLUDE
Prints from artists include:
- Vic Odden Award winner and official Election Artist Simon Roberts
- Magnum photographer Chris Steele-Perkins
- Magnum photographer Martin Parr
- Multi award winning photographer Steve Bloom
- World Press Photo winner Zed Nelson
- Jerwood Photography Award winner Kurt Tong
- Great British Public contributor John Angerson
- Great British Public contributor Ewen Spencer
- Single Saudi Women contributor Wasma Mansour
- Behind Closed Door's contributor Andre Penteado
- International Street Photography Award finalist Alegandro Cartagena
- God-father of modern street photography Nick Turpin
- Environmental Landscape meistro Toby Smith
- One of London's most renowned street photographers David Gibson
- Great British Public contributor and International Street Photography Award Finalist Arnhel de Serra
- One of Austria's top street photographers and International Street Photography Award Finalist Kay von Aspern
- One of Scotland's best known street photographers and International Street Photography Award finalist Dougie Wallace
- International Street Photography Award finalist Jack Simon
- Museum of London solo show exhibitor Fred Wilfred
- Workshops with photographers and other photographic experiences will also be up for grabs
The evening also includes a silent auction with an opportunity to bid on fun items like signed books and cameras.
6.30pm - 8pm
Viewing and drinks
All the prints being auctioned will be displayed from 6.30pm so you can enjoy a drink and have a first hand look before you buy.
8 - 9pm
A chance to bid on prints that were exhibited at the festival with a few surprise lots thrown in.
9 - 10pm
Drinks and social