Late Shift Extra: Draw the Line
In partnership with FTI Consulting
All activities are free
Due to capacity some events will be ticketed, see links below to book.
Inspired by Lucian Freud Portraits, Late Shift Extra: Draw the Line sees the Gallery transformed into an art studio and you are the artist. Pick up a sketchbook and pencil and get creative, taking inspiration from artists, performers and the portraits around you.
- -Take part in a life drawing class led by Sophie de Stempel, who will also talk about her time modelling for Freud for over 10 years. Limited tickets available on the night
- -Draw Nicola Bateman as she models for a life drawing session and shares her memories of being painted by Freud alongside her husband Leigh Bowery. Limited tickets available on the night
- -Join a life drawing class with artist Lucy Ribeiro celebrating the flesh. Limited tickets available on the night
- -Spark your creative imagination with the Late Shift Tour sketchbook, created by illustrator Marion Deuchars.
- -Watch, listen and draw at an interactive performance of Still Life, a play about Henrietta Moraes, model and muse for Lucian Freud. This event is fully booked
- -Discover more about Lucian Freud with a screening of Inside Job, directed by his assistant David Dawson.
- -Explore the London Freud knew on guided tours around Soho. Tickets available on the night.
- -Look out for our roaming artists around the Gallery who’ll create your portrait.
- -Join artists and art historians on tours of the Collection.
- -Plus enjoy a drink at the Late Shift Bar and take in the sounds of Klezmer violinist Miriam Kramer and jazz singer Alicia Hart.
Part of Museums at Night