24 SEVEN / Curators' project at Gooden Gallery London
'NierghtravAOnWint’sIf A Teller:
a book in 8 chapters and 4 dimensions'
September 16th - November 25th 2010
Whitechapel Gallery have nominated our current 24/SEVEN project as the one of the top 5 First Thursday events in November.
ARTISTS: David Berridge, Wayne Clements, Cinzia Cremona, George Eksts, Anna Francis, Hugh Gilmour, Daniel Lehan, Simon Lewandowski, Richard Price, Barbara Ryan, Ben Woodeson
Each chapter lasts one week and is visible 24 hours a day from the street / Each artist will construct a chapter / Each chapter will be embedded in the previous one / Each will change, incorporate or move aside what is already in the space to develop a series of unfolding chapters / The work is rule-based.
1. 8 chapters will follow a preface and in turn be followed by an afterword
2. The order in which artists make a chapter has been randomly determined in advance.
3. Each chapter will be a response to the previous one.
4. Material can be introduced into the space but not taken out. Anything can be altered, moved, reconstituted (even destroyed) but must stay there till the end.
5. The rules are a part of the work so subject to the same rules.
6. New rules may be introduced but not removed.
24 SEVEN is a curators' project that uses an 8 metre square dedicated space at the front of the gallery. With a street-only window presence and a 24/7 schedule, we are inviting curators to present a series of quick-fire shows within a specific timeframe. Each curator's portfolio will be archived on the gallery website as it unfolds.
For more information on the 24 SEVEN curators' project click on the 24 SEVEN icon above or email: