Palos Verdes Art Center / Beverly G. Alpay Center for Arts Education
Rancho Palos Verdes, California 90275
Palos Verdes Art Center / Beverly G. Alpay Center for Arts Education, a nonprofit community visual arts school and gallery, inspires individuals to create, appreciate and celebrate art. Since it was founded in 1931, PVAC’s exhibition, education and outreach programs have made the visual arts available, accessible and affordable.
Palos Verdes Art Center provides an economically and ethnically diverse community with:
- Free art exhibitions, featuring national, international and regionally significant artists and juried exhibitions. Related educational programming includes docent tours, catalogues, lectures and supplementary workshops.
- Studio art classes for all ages and skill levels in drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture, digital art, art history, photography, printmaking and wearable art. Tuition is modest, and financial assistance is available.
- Awards and scholarships. In its 17 years, the Beverly G. Alpay Memorial Education Fund has given almost $200,000 to students and artists.
- Art experiences for differently-abled youth and adults. Special Mornings works with students in special education classes in Los Angeles County. Volunteers teach art to adults at Canyon Verde in Redondo Beach.
- School-based art education for more than 7,000 Palos Verdes Peninsula students each year throughArt at Your Fingertips and Partners in Art.
- Standards-based art programs for schools through artist-taught workshops, artists residencies andexhibition tours.
- Attractive rental space for weddings, parties and meetings.
- Opportunities to volunteer and to network with other artists.
Palos Verdes Art Center inspires individuals to create, appreciate and celebrate art.
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.