Los Angeles Art Association/Gallery 825
Los Angeles, CA 90069
Rachel Lauren Kaster
As a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization, Los Angeles Art Association's (LAAA) mission is to provide opportunities, resources, services and exhibition venues for emerging Los Angeles artists. Founded in 1925, LAAA has launched the art careers of many celebrated artists and has played a central role in the formation of Los Angeles' arts community. By supporting the emerging talent at the onset of their career path, we hope to influence all the cultural stakeholder groups in Los Angeles and contribute to the cultural identity of our community. LAAA is pledged to providing emerging artists with experience, education and exposure needed to create and sustain a career in thearts.
- Group and solo show exhibitions, LAAA provides artists with venues to freely express their artistic vision, allowing the public and the larger arts community with the opportunity to experience new work as it happens.
- Mentoring opportunities with established artists.
- Artspeak is LAAA's lecture and workshop series specifically responsive to the career preparedness and workplace readiness issues for artists.
- Film & Video 825, a screening of local and nationally recognized video artists' work curated by Gallery 825/LAAA and members of the arts community.
- Artist Hash Sessions, artist-driven dialogues concerning issues that pertain to their careers, their process, the art scene, as well as an opportunity to network with other artists.
- Public Art Classes