New Contemporaries II
the goals of the SD ART PRIZE, as presented by the San Diego Visual Arts Network, are to:
* Recognize and celebrate existing visual art accomplishments by spotlighting local artists.
* Create an exciting event that facilitates cross-pollination between cultural organizations and strengthens and invigorates the San Diego Visual Art Scene.
* Broaden the audience of the visual arts in San Diego by gaining national attention to the competition through a dedicated media campaign.
* Promote the vision of the future role that the visual arts will play in the San Diego community as lively, thriving, positive and empowering.
* Expand the infrastructure of spokespeople/art celebrities who can bring awareness to San Diego and perform as role models for our student artists.