Long Night of Arts and Innovation at RAM
Riverside, CA 92501
The goal of the City's Long Night of Arts and Innovation (LNAI) is to showcase the city's accomplishments in the arts and sciences to its residents, build pride in the city, and encourage youth to seek careers in science, technology, engineering, and the arts.
Join us at RAM for our LNAI programing.
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.: Family Fun!
"If You Build It...": Architecture for Kids
- With colored popsicle sticks, tacky glue, tubes, and more, use your imagination to design and build a mini-structure. Geared towards kids ages 3-12.
The Story To Be Told: The Arts & Innovation of Julia Morgan Tour
- Take a docent-led tour of Julia Morgan's 1929 YWCA building that now houses the Riverside Art Museum. Learn more about the trailblazing work of California's first licensed female architect. Morgan's passion for historical architecture and her fearless ability to artfully combine a variety of style elements firmly placed her among the true originators of California Design. Morgan was a pioneer and an innovator whose superior talent attracted patronage from all echelons of society. While her most famous achievements are the monumental Hearst Castle and Wyntoon for William Randolph Hearst, Morgan's works for the YWCA have become vital points of interest for art, design, and social historians alike.
- Time: Check in at the lobby for tours starting every 30 minutes throughout the night.
7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.: For a Better Tomorrow
Greg Adamson: Muralthon, Music Jam, & Live Webcast
- Renowned performance artist Gregory Adamson will create an 18-foot long original mural painted to music in one continous session at RAM and broadcast in real time on the web.
- Time: 7:00 p.m. - 12:00 midnight
Video Game Art: Concept Artists at Work
- Watch concept artists digitally paint environments, vehicles, and characters live. Concept art is a form of illustration where the main goal is to convey a visual representation of a design, idea, and/or mood for use in film, video games, animation, or comic books before it is put into the final product. The concept artists all currently work as professional in the film and video game industries.
- Time: 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
2012 AIAIC Design Awards and Panel Discussion: Architects for a Better Tomorrow
- Learn about the latest exciting architectural projects designed by Inland Empire-based architecture firms. Awards presentation includes a showcase of design submissions. This event is presented by the American Institute of Architects - Inland California Chapter. Since 1966, this has been the local profession organization for architects throughout western Riverside and San Bernardino counties. The AIAIC actively promotes architecture and the enhancement of our environment through a wide variety of programs and services designed to expand public awareness of architecture and member architects.
- Time: 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Architecture in 3D
- An architectural designer from HMC Architects will take you through the process of creating a building over the course of the evening. From hand sketch to layout, an 3D model to final rendering, you will experience what happens behind the scenes in a modern architectural office.
- Time: 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
10:00 p.m. - 12:00 midnight: The Night is YOUNG!
Chelsea Rector: Sound Presentation
- UCR student Chelsea Rector will perform a live synthesized ambient noise distortion sound poem.
- Time: 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.