The Painting Center, an artist run, not -for- profit gallery in the heart of Chelsea, announces a call for entries for its upcoming, juried exhibition entitled, Shifting Ecologies, running from June 17 through July 12, 2014. Highly publicized with a catalog, the exhibition will feature a diverse group of artists who are exploring ecological issues and changes to the environment. One of the consequences of living can be the alteration — sometimes subtle, sometimes overt — of our environment. Industrial and technological expansion are triggering drastic environmental changes resulting in mutations, diseases and pollutants. These ecological transformations impact everything, from the lives of tiny bacteria to the biological processes spanning the entire globe. The overall destruction from global warming, ozone depletion, acid rain, genetic engineering and toxic waste threatens our survival and way of life. The earth struggles to adapt to the imposed conditions and faces a succession of challenges without any certainty that it may sustain itself.
We invite representational and abstract artists to submit work that considers all facets of ecological transformation.
Deadline: April 30, 2014
Notification Date: May 5, 2014
- You may submit up to 5 jpegs on a CD
- Images must be 300 dpi, mimimum of 1800 pixels in each direction
- Title jpegs with your last name, first name, and number, for example: smithjohn1.jpg
- Images submitted must be of work available for show. Alternate works will not be accepted
- Work submitted must be 36" or less in dimension
- This completed entry form
- $35 check made out to The Painting Center
- CD with up to 5 images
Ernst Haeckel (German) 1834 - 1919