150 Yamato Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431
Rosenbaum Contemporary is a fine art gallery headquartered in Boca Raton, FL, featuring the works of modern and contemporary American and European masters. The gallery is committed to a broad-based exhibition program of museum-quality works of art in various media.
We have recently expanded and are seeking a full-time gallery director to provide general management of our contemporary art galleries, develop client relationships, and generate gallery sales through walk-in traffic and extensive outreach, with primary focus on creating new business and nurturing existing relationships. Additional responsibilities include supervising installation of gallery shows, working with owner to select artwork for exhibitions and art fairs, tracking inventory and researching new artists and art fair opportunities as well as the coordination and staffing of gallery events and art fairs.
Candidates for this position should possess:
• B.A. from four-year college or university in art history
• Current knowledge of contemporary art market
• Proven experience selling contemporary paintings, drawings, photography, prints and sculpture
• Minimum 4 years experience in fine art sales
• Minimum 2 years management experience
• Excellent organization skills, and written and verbal presentation skills
• Professional dress and demeanor
• Excellent references
• Team player
• Ability to multi-task
• Mac fluency and experience using art database
• Experience handling fine artwork
Key objectives of this position include:
• Working in tandem with the CEO to develop sales campaigns and coordinate related support materials.
• Coordinating gallery exhibitions, including, but not limited to, gathering information for inventory files, creating invitations, writing news releases and coordinating travel for artists.
Personal characteristics should include integrity, accountability, respect, self-motivation and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. The ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders will also be pivotal to success.
Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE) and encourages applications from women and minorities.
Apply to howardr@rosenbaumcontemporary.