National Gallery of Modern Art - NGMA Delhi
110003 New Delhi
Aims and objectives
The principal aims and objectives of the National Gallery of Modern Art art
- To acquire and preserve works of modern art from 1850s onward
- To organize, maintain and develop galleries for permanent display
- To organize special exhibitions not only in its own premises but in other parts of the country and abroad.
- To develop an education and documentation centre in order to acquire, maintain and preserve documents relating to works of modern art
- To develop a specialized library of books, periodicals, photographs and other audio visual materials
- To organize lectures, seminars and conferences, and to encourage higher studies and research in the field of art history, art criticism, art appreciation, museology and the inter-relations on visual and performing arts.
The foremost responsibility of the National Gallery of Modern Art is to ensure quality and to set and maintain standards of excellence. The aesthetic and educational purposes are not only defined in the aims and objectives of the National Gallery of Modern Art, but efforts are also being made so that they become implicit in its organization and pervade all its activities.
Above all, the National Gallery of Modern Art helps people to look at the works of modern art with greater joy, understanding and knowledge by extending their relationship with our daily life and experiencing them as vital expressions of the human spirit.