Born and raised in Berlin, Germany, and now living near Los Angeles, CA, Daggi specializes in contemporary realism. She is a Master Circle Member of the International Association of Pastel Societies, Master Pastelist of the Pastel Society of America and Signature Member of the Pastel Society of the Southwest, a juried member of the Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club, Degas Pastel Society and Los Angeles Art Association.
Her work has been shown at the National Arts Club and the Salmagundi Club in NYC, the Butler Institute of American Art, OH, and is in the permanent collection of the Wichita Center for the Arts, KS. Daggi has won numerous awards in regional and national juried exhibitions and her work is in many American and European collections. Her long list of portrait commission clients includes Grammy award winning blues musician Buddy Guy. Her paintings have been published in several magazines and books, including Professional Artist Magazine, American Art Collector, International Artist Magazine, The Pastel Journal and Pratique Des Arts in France.
In 2004 she was one of 15 internationally selected artists to participate in the Atelier D’Artista, an International Art Symposium in Tuscany, Italy. In May of 2011 she was juried into the Pastel International Exhibition by Art du Pastel en France in Giverny, France.
In 2010 Daggi started Moni’s Kids, a non-profit project, painting portraits of children in need and using the proceeds to deliver aid to the children portrayed.
In 2012 she was selected as Artist-in-Residence at the Studio Channel Islands Art Center in Camarillo, CA, where she maintains her studio and has served on its board of directors.
“Focusing mainly on portraying the human condition and our connection to each other my work always begins with a visual trigger that evokes a strong emotional response in me or with an idea I want to explore. I like to create images that tell a story with multiple layers of meaning to draw in the viewer. Strong lighting and composition as well as social consciousness and relevance are important to my work. Women's and children’s issues are of special interest to me.
While my style is representational I create a contemporary look to my work by incorporating strong contrast, colors, texture and text as well as non-traditional framing. I also find inspiration in abstract patterns found in natural and man made subjects especially water, rust and bark.
My medium of choice is pastel. I love the direct application, pure pigments and versatility of pastels. It allows me to apply it wet as well as dry and combine it with other media such as watercolor, inks, acrylic, stamping and charcoal.”
- Southwest Art magazine, Artist to Watch, Oct 2015
- American Art Collector magazine, September 2015
- International Artist Magazine, Third Prize Winner of Challenge No. 88, Favorite Subjects Aug/Sep 2015
- Pratique Des Arts, France, title/cover page, back page plus two page inside spread with step by step demo,issue#22,June2014
- Peace, Love & Understanding, 2013 Peace Project Book, The Whole 9 Gallery
- Ventura County Star, Feature Article, August 19, 2013
- Artists as World Changers, ongoing series of articles by Renee Phillips
- Make Peace, 2012 Peace Project Book, The Whole 9 Gallery
- Professional Artist Magazine, Jun/Jul and Aug/Sep 2012
- Dallas Morning News, Feature article, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007
- The Pastel Journal, "Creative Spark" challenge, June 2010 and Best 100, 2005
- Slab magazine, Paris, France, 3rd issue, 2010
- Surfer in the Sky by Tom Moser, book of art and poetry, 2010
- The Fine Art of Park Cities, Art Calendar book, 2007, 2008
- Free Magazin, Germany, November/December, 2007
- Best of America Pastel Artists & Artisans Book, Kennedy Publishing, 2007
- International Artist Magazine, Master Pastel Artists of the World, Aug/Sep 2003
- International Association of Pastel Societies Master Circle Exhibition, Juried, Albuquerque, NM, Silver Award
- Pastel Society of the West Coast Membership Show, Haggin Museum, Stockton, CA, Robert and Patricia Suggs cash Award
- Pastel Society of the West Coast Membership Show, online, Honorable Mention
- Topanga Canyon Gallery Juried Exhibition, Los Angeles, CA, First Place
- Southwest Art Magazine's Artistic Excellence Competition 2014, Finalist
- Pastel Society of the West Coast, Art Center Morro Bay, Morro Bay, CA, Dakota Art Pastels cash award
- Boldbrush Online Painting Competition, Finalist (October) and Fav 15% (jury's favorite 15% of entries in Feb, May, Aug, Sep, Oct, Dec )
- The Peace Project Traveling Exhibition, The Whole 9 Gallery, Los Angeles, CA, Inspiration Award
-Boldbrush Online Painting Competition, Outstanding Pastel (May) and FAV 15% (jury's favorite 15% of entries in Feb, May, Aug, Sep, Nov, Dec)
- Manhattan Arts International Juried Online Exhibition "Small Art-Big Impact" and “Celebrate the Healing Power of Art", Two Awards of Excellence
- "About Women" Juried Exhibit, J. Handel Evans Gallery, Camarillo, CA, First Place
- "Essence" Juried Exhibit, J. Handel Evans Gallery, Camarillo, CA, Second Place
- "View From Within" Juried Exhibition Blackboard Gallery, Camarillo, CA, Third Place
- Pastel Society of America 40th Anniversary Juried Exhibition, National Arts Club, NYC, Maryland Pastel Society Award
- International Association of Pastel Societies, 19th Juried Exhibition, Honorable Mention
-Boldbrush Online Painting Competition, Outstanding Pastel (January) and FAV 15% (jury's favorite 15% of entries in Jan, May, Oct, Nov)
- Pastel Society of America Juried Exhibition, National Arts Club, NY, NY 2011, Degas Pastel Society Award
- Pastel Society of the Southwest, Eisemann Center, Richardson, TX, Two Merit Awards
- Texas and Neighbors, 5 State Juried Show, Irving, TX , Second Place, Drawing
- Boldbrush Online Painting Competition, Finalist (February) and FAV 15% (jury's favorite 15% of entries in Feb, May, Jun)
- Art Connection Juried Members Show, Irving Art Center, Irving, TX, Second Place
- Pastel Society of America, 38th Annual Open Juried Exhibition, National Arts Club, NY, NY, Cherry Art Materials Award
- Degas Pastel Society National Exhibition, Hammond Regional Arts Center, Hammond LA
Joyce Kelly Memorial Purchase Award
- Pastel Society of the Southwest National Juried Exhibition, Dallas TX, Third Award of Excellence and Award of Merit
- Pastel Journal "Creative Spark" challenge, Top Winning entry, featured in the magazine June
- Boldbrush Online Painting Competition, Outstanding Pastel (April) and FAV 15% (jury's favorite 15% of entries)
- Art Connection Members Exhibition, Irving TX
- ArtSlant Online Contest, Winner of Fourth Showcase
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.