Son of the Portuguese painter Manuel
D’Assumpcao was born in
He exhibits regularly since 1989. He is also a Member of Portuguese Authors Society and Portuguese Artists Association, International Illustrated Letter Writing Society, CECLART, “Artists for Peace” and “Archetypal Expressionism” founded by the writer, art critic and artist Constantin Severin. He was invited for Fellow of RSA, London. His paints are showed in several collections such as Bank of Portugal, Cupertino de Miranda’s Foundation, J.P.F., Pascoaes House, and the poet António Pinheiro Guimaraes Family and other private collections in Portugal and other Countries.
has participated as a member of the Jury in the 2nd and the 3rd Biennale
International of Youth Art of “Vila Verde” village. He was selected by the
International Jury to participate at the 4th International Biennale
of Contemporary Art of Firenze, Italy. He was selected to participate at the
“BIRD 2005 International Art Award,
Together with Maria Isabel D’Assumpcao, creates modern tapestry in typical Portuguese “Arraiolos” with exclusive designs.
2nd Place Award in “BIRD 2005 International Art Award”, Beijing – China.
- “Dictionary of the Portuguese plastic artists” – Adrian Editors
- “Plastic Arts –
- “Aspects of the Plastic Arts in
- “Art – 98” – F. Infante do Carmo
- “Who is Who of the Portuguese Artists” – Sol Invictus Publ.
- “Anuary of Arts” – Estar Editors
- “Arts 2001 – Directory of Arts” – Publicenter
- “Magazine of Arts nº 1”
- “Embraced Surrealism” – Cupertino de Miranda’s Foundation
- “Freedom & Art”, Mirca Art Group, Sweden.