1. Artist CV (Check PDF)
2. Artist Statement (Check PDF→Long/Short/Middle/Mix Versions)
For me, living as a photographer must be my last resort to survive in this world but I don’t simply just take photos. It is more like an expression of my passions, memories and ideology. Especially, through B&W (“Giclée” type printed on Inkjet Fine Art Paper of A4, A3+ or B2 size), I can revive them as parts of past myself by pouring my aesthetics, philosophy and soul into all-layer subjects flowing in parallel with unconscious world or invisible phenomenon in space-time without boundaries. And, once before I have took photos of models, musicians or performers live several times, not at studios, but now I prefer to shoot on/off the street, which I don’t know what will happen, whom I will meet to, some day or somewhere because I get great joy from new discoveries whenever I’m shooting there.
So, my current B&W photo art style can be strictly defined as “BORDERLESS” (No Border), a word, which encapsulates the following 7 concepts: (1) A renaissance of the soul (2) Symbiosis with all this world’s phenomena (3) The eternal conflict with time and space in the universe (4) Beat myself, beat my core and beat my existence* (5) Resistance against all invisible pressures (6) Warning against the hegemony of civilization, science and fashion (7) One love in Chaos. (*The origin is one of my basic slogans: “To beat my SELF, beat my CORE and beat my EXISTENCE. That’s my PASSION, my CHALLENGING and my LIFE. And…! That’s my ART & SOUL in this world.”) Additionally, my simple philosophy for living on in this world and for taking photos is: “Everything is in flux and nothing is permanent. No one can stop the flow of time. So, the act of me taking pictures in an instant is a modest resistance of just that.”
3. Artist Biography (Check PDF→Long/Short Versions)
Osamu Jinguji was born in Tokyo, Japan in 1962. Now, he is a photo artist and a creator but his first career as an artist is an actor and a model. After their activities for 5 years, he has retired owing to bad health. Additionally, after taking over 25 years of twists and turns, he had made a decision to live as an artist again and finally selected to become a photographer which he liked the best of ever and fit his current life style very much.
His current career by them has re-started since his first poetry-photo book has been published in 2009. After that, he has been ever participating in a lot of group exhibitions, art fairs in New York (ex; SCOPE),in Miami (ex; SPECTRUM), in Spain (ex; ARTEANDO) and in Germany (ex; BERLINERLISTE), etc. Also, his works, which were specialized in B&W on/off the street, for the last several years and at many countries, have been featured on a variety of Art Web Magazines including 'The Arte Fotografica' (Portugal) and so on. In February of 2014, they have finally appeared in the PhotoVogue Collection (A collaboration w/ VOGUE Italia) at Art+Commerce in New York.
4. EXHIBITIONS (Overseas)
- July - The International Contemporary Art Fair "ARTEANDO 2012" in Spain
- Mar - International Art Fair "SCOPE Art Show" (NYC, USA)
- Apr & Jun- Kunstwerk Winkler Gallery Exhibition (Berlin, Germany)
- May - Art Fusion: Japanese Contemporary Pioneers 2013 (NYC, USA)
- Jun - See.Me "Creatives Rising"// Big Screen Plaza Premiere (NYC, USA)
- Jul - See.Me “EXPOSURE 2013" Exhibition (NYC, USA)
- Sep– International Art Fair :BERLINER LISTE 2013 (Berlin, Germany)
- Oct - See.Me "Creatives Rising" Exhibition (NYC, USA)
- Nov - See.Me "Art Takes PARIS" Exhibition (Paris, France)
- Dec - See.Me "Art Takes MIAMI - Group Show at SCOPE Miami Beach" Exhibition (USA, Miami)
- Mar - Berlin-Steglitz Exhibition Mar-2014 (Germany)
- Mar - "Year in Review 2013" The Digital Group Show by See/Me (NY, USA)
- May – ARTconcept DEN New Opening Exhibition "Made in Japan" (Berlin, Germany)
- May-1'14~Apr-30'15 (for 1 year!!) – ARTconcept DEN paper art collection '14 (Berlin, Germany)
- Jul-25'14~Jul-31'15 (for 1 year!!) – Cavalieri Hotel Gallery Exhibition (Malta, the Mediterranean)
- Dec 3 to 7 – SPECTRUM Miami Art Show 2014 (Miami, USA)
- Jan~Nov-30 (Extended) – ARTconcept DEN paper art collection '14 (Berlin, Germany)
- Jan~Jul-31 (→Extended until 2016 - Month: TBD) – "Malta Exhibition" Cavalieri Hotel (Malta, the Mediterranean)
- Jan-24./25. – "Japan Festival Berlin 2015" (Urania, Germany)
- Dec 1 to 6 - See.Me "The Final Exhibition: Art & Photography Takes Miami" at SCOPE Miami Beach 2015 (USA, Miami)
- Jan~(→Extended until 2016 - Month: TBD) – "Malta Exhibition" (Cavalieri Art Hotel, Malta, the Mediterranean)
5. RELEASED ONLINE STORES / Site for Image Editorial Use (Overseas/Japan)
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.