KLC College, 2008
Niloufar Lamakan was born in Iran and brought up in the UK. She has lived in Islington, London for the past 30 years, and thrives on all that the capital city offers. Already an award winning interior designer, she became a full-time artist following a successful career in senior management positions. She has studied art & design at Central St Martins and KLC College, and uses her interior design tools – building design software, fabric, and wallpaper – for printmaking and digital art.
Her current body of work explores the concepts of beauty and ageing in a world obsessed with youth and physical perfection. She believes passionately that the art world would become richer and better by establishing a more diverse range of artists. She wants to challenge the art world’s tendency to nurture young, mostly male, emerging artists.
- Private Collection – Bristol
- Private Collection – Angel, London
- Private Collection – Canonbury, London
- Private Collection – Hook Heath, Surrey
- Private Collection – Guildford
- Private Collection – Putney, London
- Jan 2015 – Solo exhibition at Clerkenwell Gallery, sponsored by Nemetschek
- Nov 2014 – Site Specific Installation, Angel, Islington
- Oct 2014 – Exhibited at Islington Contemporary Art Fair
- Sep 2014 – Group exhibition at Candid Arts Gallery
- 2011 - KBB Review Design Awards
- 2010 – idfx Awards
- 2009 - International Design Awards