Anna Agoston is a contemporary artist whose medium is photography. A resident of Brooklyn, New York, Anna was born and raised in Paris, France. Always passionate about art, she qualified as an architect DPLG (government-certification) at the Ecole d'Architecture Paris Malaquais, and went on to earn the M.Arch.II degree in architecture at Harvard University's Graduate School of Design. There, she studied fine art photography under Professor Jim Dow of the Department of Visual and Environmental studies, and photographed her first series, “Dorm.”
In October 2013, Anna made her lifelong passion, fine art photography her main professional occupation.
Anna's art is abstract in that there is a departure from reality. She deliberately focus on certain aspects of her subjects in an attempt to reveal what she feels are their essential characteristics. She believes this makes the interaction between viewer and subject more intense.
Most often the subjects of her pictures are found in nature. Nature's abundance and ceaseless growth provides her with a constant source of inspiration.
- “The National: Best Contemporary Photography 2014” group exhibition at The Fort Wayne Museum of Art, Fort Wayne, IN. March 29, 2014 - June 15, 2014.
Exhibition juror: Joslyn Elliott, Associate Curator of Exhibitions, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, Fort Wayne, IN.
- the “BLACK AND WHITE” group exhibition at The PhotoPlace Gallery, Middlebury, VT. March 28 - April 25 2014.
Exhibition juror: Karen E. Haas, Lane Curator of Photographs, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA.
- The 97th Annual Juried Exhibition” at The Bendheim Gallery of the Greenwich Arts Center, Greenwich CT February 28 – March 28, 2014.
Exhibition juror: Cara Manes, Assistant Curator and Collection Specialist in the Department of Painting and Sculpture at The Museum of Modern Art, NYC.
- “34th annual photography exhibition 2014” at The Carriage Barn Arts Center, New Canaan, CT. January 11, 2014 – February 9, 2014.
Exhibition juror: Laura Einstein, LGE Fine Art Consulting, New Canaan, CT.
- Special Mention in the “One by One” exhibit at The Colorado Photographic Arts Center, Denver, CO. January 9, 2014 – February 15, 2014.
Exhibition juror: Eric Paddock, Curator of Photography at the Denver Art Museum, Denver, CO.
- Jun 2013, Anna was the Grand Prize Winner for the Brooklyn Bridge Park Second Annual Bluebell contest.