Pierre – Louis ACCIARI
French Artist – Lyon
Born in 1959 in Toulon (France)
31 rue de l’Hotel de ville
Tel: 06 21 27 27 35
Has made the Lyon region of France his home, where he does what he loves as an art director / painter.
As a young boy he knew his fascination with comic books and their creators (Jack Kirby and all the MARVEL team, newspaper stripes of “Spirou” and “tintin” as well as the Italian 13 x 18 “blek le roc” / “AKim” and other “Les rois de l'exploit”) would lead to a life filled with his own images put to paper. Than the moment he discovered Philippe Druillet universes of deformed beings his future work was defined.
Discovering painting, sculpture, music and cinema at art school along with his studies of Basquiat, Pollock and especially Bacon peaked his interest, which began a life long study, which influenced his work. Pierre-Louis refined his vision and talent from the study of Italian Master B-movie (Dario Argento, Mario Bava) who legitimized his painting expression.
As a Graphic Designer he has had the pleasure of creating in many different studios and fields. Today he is rediscovering the pleasure of drawing as an Artistic Director. Some years ago during a visit to Italy his voyage notebooks were the first to immerge into real actual graphic production. The topics of these designs were “an experiment of life”. Thus beginning a new avenue of expression.
Always, Pierre-Louis first passion is painting. Painting from his sole, from what interest him … never the trend but truly him. Wanting and needing to express himself in this medium and it’s various forms.
“The gestures with the sense of urgency still remain the essential elements of my paintings. My quasi obsessions expressions “fear of death” … the series “Faces of FEAR” pays homage, pays respect … it continually takes on new direction … always wanting to go to the end of the obsession.”
Agent: Patricia A. Butler / email@example.com
- June 1 – December 31 2008: “project 30” member
- June 28 – July 25, 2008: “uwantart” Gallery, Shanghai / Volume 3 exhibition
- September 2008 – “project 30” / on line show
- October 2-25, 2008: Altered Esthetics, Minneapolis / Tales From The Black Lodge.
- November 2008: article in “ART is Spectrum-Magazine”
- December 2008: “House of Scratch” / on line show
- January / February 2009: article in “NY ART MAGAZINE”
- January 9-15, 2009: “Gladstone Hotel Art Bar “, Toronto/ Fear
- February 27 – June 15, 2009: “Art House”, Atlanta / The Sketchbook Project
- March 3 – 21, 2009: “Latitude 44”, Toronto / Fear
- April 12 – May 2, 2009: Gora Gallery, Montreal / Group Show
- June 2009: “le café de l’etoile” , Lyon France / Des Couples Improbables
- June 27 – July 17, 2009: Agora Gallery, New York / The French Perspective: Contemporary Art from France
- July 31 – September 4, 2009: Atlanta Airport Artium Gallery, Art House / The Canvas Project 2
- September 25, 2009: Art House Gallery, Atlanta / The Canvas Project
- November 12 - December 5, 2009: lacda, Los Angeles / Snap to Grid
- 2009: APW Gallery / New York City art book
- International Contemporary Masters 2010: art book 1 page
- International Dictionary of Artists
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.