Lynn A. Maliszewski
- MoMA PS 1 (July 2012 - July 2013), Volkswagen Fellow - Registration Department
◦ Spearheaded organization of stored artworks and return to original lenders or artists ◦ Orchestrated transport of artworks: acquired estimates from shippers and quotes from storage facilities when needed, interfaced with lenders, oversaw arrival and dispersal of works.
◦ Liaised with curatorial team to prepare loan paperwork for lenders and preliminary documentation. Organized checklists per exhibition and fielded pertinent information.
◦ Managed installation and deinstallation teams, aided with art handling and support wherever necessary
◦ Maintained safety of artwork whilst in the museum, completed condition reports and incident reports. Provided safety and maintenance protocol to Visitor's Services.
- Freelance Writer/Editor (March 2009 - Present)
◦ New York correspondent for assorted publications including ArtWrit, BOMB Magazine, HAHA Magazine, Hyperallergic, Latin Lover, MilkMade, No.3 Magazine, On-Verge, Whitehot Magazine, and Whitewall.
◦ Composed all press materials for Like the Spice Gallery (2010-2011) and Bushwick Film Festival (2011)
- Museum of Modern Art (February 2012 - May 2012), Intern in the International Program
◦ Edited and composed copy for the historical timeline, covering thirty years of international curation. Required research in the archives, time management, and communication with Assistant Director Gwen Farrelly.
◦ Assisted CMAP program with travel itinerary for a curatorial trip to Romania, Germany, and Lithuania. Conducted research, acquired information from institutions abroad, and delineated priorities for the trip.
- Louise Blouin Media (November 2011 - February 2012), Editorial Intern
◦ Assisted Editorial Department with fact-checking, editing, indexing, and administrative organization
◦ Composed short reviews for Modern Painters and auction briefs for Art + Auction
- College Arts Association (June 2011 - September 2011), Editorial Intern
◦ Assisted Managing Editor, Chris Howard, with copyedits according to the Chicago Manual Style ◦ Generated text for sections throughout the CAA newsletter and website including CWA Picks, Journal Appointments, Member News, and Obituaries, to name a few.
• Mac and PC Proficient. Microsoft Office, Artbase, CEMS, Photoshop • Media: Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress, Google+
• Languages: Basic Spanish comprehension