Natascha Dea is an American photographer whose photographs intersect fashion and art in a captivating exploration of sensuality and erotic femininity.
Natascha was born in Germany, calls New York City home, and splits her time between Venice Beach and Chicago, where she currently lives with her family. She is available for editorial, commercial, and personal portrait commissions and travels frequently. Her work can be found hanging in private collections in four countries, has been published internationally on LENSCRATCH and L'Oeil de la Photographie, and is featured on The Quiet Front. Duncan Miller Gallery recently featured Natascha's black and white work for sale on their special project Your Daily Photograph as Emerging and Classic photography. A monograph of her photographs of women and a monograph of photographs she made during two rounds of IVF, Waiting, will be published by FortyTwo Women Press in 2018.
Natascha is a vocal advocate for equality, reproductive rights and justice, and better access to reproductive and infertility healthcare for all. She is the founder of Neshama Collective.
"Natascha's pictures fuse a moody depth with the most intimate territory of feminine sensuality. Her expressionist chiaroscuro lighting and grainy black and white film are used like colors from a painter's palette to transport the images from stark reality into the surreal dreamscape of poetic fantasy and imagination." — Gary Palmer, Painter
“Belle découverte du jour, les photos de Natascha Dea. Beautiful discovery of the day, the photos of Natascha Dea.” — Journaleuse, www.journaleuse.com
“Her latest work has developed a distinct kink; she does it with real style.”
— The Quiet Front, www.thequietfront.com
For information on print sales, exhibitions, or commissions, please email.
- LENSCRATCH, the 2015 Backyards, BBQ’s and Watermelon Exhibition | www.lenscratch.com
- LENSCRATCH, the 2015 Cell Phone Exhibition | www.lenscratch.com
- One piece auctioned in "The Secret City Secret Admirers Auction" benefiting the nonprofit Arts organization The Secret City in NYC, Los Angeles, and Woodstock, NY
- 2015 International Women in Photography Exhibit, Women in Focus, Atlanta, Georgia
- LENSCRATCH, the 2015 Who and What I Love Exhibition | www.lenscratch.com
- Michigan Institute for Contemporary Art Gallery, Lansing, Michigan
- Works selected to be featured on Duncan Miller Gallery's Your Daily Photograph in the Emerging and Classic photography categories. | www.yourdailyphotograph.com www.duncanmillergallery.com
- Two pieces auctioned in "GREEN CLASSROOM: Photography, Art, & Fashion Auction to benefit the Costa Verde International School", Hosted by Eugenia Silva, NYC
- Published : The Quiet Front
- Featured Artist : The Secret City, NYC, "Light", December 2012 | Artists Talk and Exhibit
- Published : La Journal de la Photographie
- Published : The Quiet Front
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.