My goal is to show the viewer some thing they missed.
My photographic journey began over a decade ago after receiving my father’s old 35mm Canon AE1, but the photographic light bulb didn’t go off until 2001 when I went to
Before 2001, from my early 20's to my early 30's, traveling to places like
In 2001, finally fed up with my travel photographs poor results I decided the time had come to buy a professional 35mm camera. So before leaving
My photographic education began with a color photography class at an adult annex of
Because my life is not one dimensional, my professional photography services exemplify my ability to adapt and thrive within a variety of subject matter and changing environments. I offer professional photography service related to (but not limited to) weddings, events, portraiture, commercial product (print and web based), fashion, glamour, modeling, boudoir, music, travel, and hired projects. My personal photography involves many different projects with subject matter related to landscapes, travel, nature, architecture, portraiture, music, symbolism, and artistic nudes.
From my first published photo in 2005 my publishing credits and client list has continued to grow including the likes of All Access Magazine, Music Connection, Strutter Magazine, Combat In Effect, the State of Alaska’s official tourist website (www.travelalaska.com), Arizona Office of Tourism, San Gabriel Press, Pasadena Star News, Whittier Daily News, Zulu Tattoo, Faith and Form Magazine, Sfarzo guitar strings, Peerless Guitars, Mills Acoustic, CoolMusic Inc., Karenz Cakes, the Hemophilia Foundation of Southern California, and the feature film “Sin-Jin Smyth.”
My camera medium is as varied as my subject matter with my decision to use a certain camera depending primarily on my vision for the final print. I’ve been a Canon shooter for many years and remain so today using the Canon 5D as my primary camera and a Canon 20D serving as back-up. I also use with frequent regularity a 35mm Canon EOS3, a Hasselblad 500C/M and a Holga for medium format, a Shin Hao for large format, and a Polaroid Land 330.
- 2009 - ARTundressed; Wyndwood Social Club,
; print “In the Wind.” Miami
- 2009 - ARTundressed; BOXeight Studios,
; print “In the Wind.”. Los Angeles
- 2009 - ARTundressed;
, San Francisco; print “In the Wind.” California Modern Art Gallery
- 2008 - Infusion Gallery;
; four prints from the nude series “Morning Dream.” Los Angeles
- 2008 - Spring Arts Collective Gallery;
; five prints from the landscape series “Limbs of Wisdom.” Los Angeles
- 2007 - Kopeikan Gallery;
; print “View of the Sound.” Los Angeles
- 2006 - LaFoto Gallery;
; print “Fiddle.” Santa Monica
- 2005 - Santa Monica College Photo Gallery;
; print “Who Is She?” Santa Monica
- 2009 received Finalist Award from Erotic Signature for landscape nude “In the Wind.” In addition to the award, the image was published in the fine art book entitled “World’s Greatest Erotic Art of Today - vol# 3.”
- 2007 received Finalist Award from Photographer’s Forum Magazine for “Malibu Pier at ” and “Great White Shark feeding.” In addition to the awards, both images were published in the 2007 Photographer’s Forum Magazine Annual.
- “Catholic Symbols” - a photo project involving all 21 California Missions.
- A spiritual inspirational photo book (currently untitled) encompassing both my landscape photography and catholic symbols photography.
- A road trip photo book (currently untitled) encompassing my landscape and travel photography.
- “Abandoned” - a photo series related to discarded items left behind.
- A continuation of my fine art landscape nudes.
- A manuscript entitled “A Childless Man’s Adventures in Parenting.” This manuscript is complete and I’m currently seeking representation and publishing. The second book in the series is currently being written.
- “Search for the Hidden Gem” – a bi-monthly CD review blog I write for All Access Magazine (www.allaccessmagazine.com).
WEBSITES WHERE MY IMAGES CAN BE SEEN
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.