Stephanie J. Ryan
Washington University School of Art, St. Louis, 1990, BFA
Stephanie J. Ryan
Studio Fine Artist
Figurative / Representational
Professor of Art in Drawing/Painting at California State University, Fresno
1997 Master of Fine Arts, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ.
1990 Bachelor of Fine Arts, Washington University, St. Louis, MO.
Selected Group, Juried & Invitational Exhibitions
- Figurative Introductions, Invitational, Kaneko Gallery, American River College, Sacramento, CA.
- Invitational Group Exhibition, Carroll House Gallery, Keene State College, Keene, NH.
- Life. Death. Whatever. Invitational Exhibition, Sutton House, London, England.
- Decembral Anamnesis, M Street Arts Complex, Fresno, CA.
- Identity, M Street Arts Complex, Fresno, CA.
- Monte Dei Fiori Collective Award Invitational Exhibition, Galerie Métanoïa, Paris, France.
- EXPO 34, National Juried Exhibition (juror Adrienne Rooney, Curatorial Assistant at Whitney), B.J. Spoke Gallery, Huntington, New York.
- A Single Grain of Rice International Juried Exhibition, Galerie Métanoïa, Paris, France.
- M Street Arts Complex—One Year Anniversary Invitational Exhibition, M Street Arts Complex, Fresno.
- Draw, Drawing, Drawn National Juried Exhibition (curator: Leah Ollman), Vita Art Center, Ventura, CA.
- Hôme Juried Exhibition (curator: Richard Turner), Orange County Center for Contemporary Art & the Vietnamese American Arts & Letters Association, Santa Ana, CA.
- Spectacle Invitational Exhibition, M Street Art Complex, Fresno, CA.
- Breath of Spring (juror: George Rivera, Senior Curator of the Triton Museum of Art), national competition & exhibition, Pacific Art League Main Gallery, Palo Alto, CA.
- Figures & Faces (juror: Hung Liu), national competition & exhibition, Pacific Art League Main Gallery, Palo Alto, CA.
- Interpretations of the Portrait, Arts Visalia Art Center, Visalia, CA.
- Armenian Exchange; Gallery 25, Fresno, CA and Gallery 25, Gyumri, Armenia.
- California Prints: An Invitational Exhibition, Arts Visalia Gallery, Visalia, CA.
- California State University System Print Invitational. Janet Turner Print Museum, Chico, CA.
- Gallery 25 Group Exhibition. Gallery 25, Fresno, CA.
- Gallery 25 Group Drawing Exhibition. Gallery 25, Fresno, CA.
- The Edge of Drawing Juried Exhibition, Conley Gallery, CSUF.
- Three Portfolios Exhibition: Beat for Jesus, Domestic Policy & Women’s Self Image, National Print Exchange Portfolios Exhibition, Conley Gallery, California State University-Fresno.
- Women’s Self Image Exhibition, Talley Gallery, Bemidji State University, Bemidji, MN.
- Beat for Jesus Exchange/Exhibition, National Print Exchange Traveling Portfolio Exhibition: Corcoran College of Art and Design, Washington, D.C., W.H. Over Museum, Vermillion, SD, University of Louisiana Museum, Lafayette, LA.
- Gallery 25 30th Anniversary Exhibition, Gallery 25. Fresno, CA.
- The San Joaquin River Parkway Invitational Exhibition, Fresno Art Museum. Fresno, CA.
- Gallery 25 Members Exhibition, Gallery 25, Fresno, CA.
- The Mound Project—Stephanie Ryan and Anne Scheid, Gallery 25, Fresno, CA.
- Next Wave II: Fresno Artists of the New Era (Decennial Invitational Exhibition), Fresno Art Museum. Fresno, CA.
- Stephanie Ryan: Recent Work, H Street Studios. Fresno, CA.
- Women’s Artwork Silent Auction for Vagina Monologues, CSUF Women’s Alliance, Fresno, CA.
- Figurative Works Juried Exhibition, Armory Art Center, West Palm Beach, FL.
- Glasgow/Mesa International Mono-Screenprint Invitational Exhibition, Gallery of Modern Art in Glasgow, Scotland and the Arts and Cultural Division Gallery in Mesa, AZ.
- LaGrange National XXI Biennial Exhibition. Chattahoochee Valley Art Museum, LaGrange, GA.
- Artlink Art Detour, Open Studio and Group Exhibition, 15 E. Jackson Street, Phoenix, AZ.
- The Figure; Truthful-Vulnerable-Erotic, Studio 4 West, Piermont, New York.
- Sunday at the Shemer, Silent Auction. Shemer Art Center, Phoenix, AZ.
- Faculty Exhibition, University Art Gallery, Truman State University, Kirksville, MO.
- Mimesis IV Exhibition (juried). Central Arts Collective, Tucson, AZ
- Tucson/Pima Arts Council Visual Arts I Fellowship Award Exhibition, T/PAC Gallery, Tucson, AZ. Women in Art, Invitational Fundraiser, University Medical Center, Tucson, AZ.
- ASU/UA Invitational Portfolio Exchange Exhibition, Arizona State University, Tempe and University of Arizona, Tucson.
- Small Prints/Books in U.S.A., Australia, and New Zealand: Traveling exhibition, featured in fourteen U.S. venues, seven Australian venues, and four New Zealand venues.
- Sunday at the Shemer, silent auction. Shemer Art Center. Phoenix, AZ.
- Women's Self-Images National Invitational Portfolio Exchange Exhibition. Chicago Printmakers Collaborative, Chicago, IL and Central Lakes Gallery, Central Lakes College, Brainerd, MN. Angels in Arizona Juried Exhibition. Shemer Art Center. Phoenix, AZ.
- Graduated. International Art Center, Tucson, AZ.
- MFA Exhibition, University of Arizona Museum, Tucson, AZ.
- MFA Virtual Exhibition, http://www.u.arizona.edu/ic/art
- Pulp Friction, national juried exhibition. Mesa Arts Center, Mesa, AZ.
- Mimesis II. Central Arts Collective. Tucson, AZ.
- Northern Arizona University Print Invitational, NAU Art Museum. Flagstaff, AZ.
- 6th Annual Juried Exhibition, Dinnerware Artists' Cooperative Gallery, Tucson, AZ.
- 15th Annual National Print Competition, Artlink Contemporary Art Gallery, Fort Wayne, IN. Mimesis (juried). Central Arts Collective, Tucson, Arizona.
- Works on Paper (juried). Hilltop Gallery, Nogales, AZ
- Transferred States: University of Arizona, Rhode Island School of Design, & City College New York.
- Encompassing Women (juried), Central Arts Collective, Tucson, AZ.
- Printmaking Further (juried), Center of Contemporary Arts, St. Louis, MO.
- Works on Paper, Shelton's, St. Louis, MO.
- Focus on Printmaking (juried), Center of Contemporary Arts, St. Louis, MO.
- BFA Printmaking/Painting Exhibition. Bixby Gallery, WashingtonUniversity, St.Louis, MO