Stephanie J. Ryan
Washington University School of Art, St. Louis, 1990, BFA
Stephanie J. Ryan
Studio Fine Artist
Figurative / Representational
Professor of Art in Drawing/Painting at California State University, Fresno
1997 Master of Fine Arts, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ.
1990 Bachelor of Fine Arts, Washington University, St. Louis, MO.
Selected Solo Exhibitions
2013 Stephanie J. Ryan, KJWEL Art Gallery, Fresno, CA.
2012 Family Gathering, Corridor 2122, Fresno, CA.
2010 From the Hinterlands, City College Art Space Gallery, Fresno, CA.
2010 Family of Origin, Pete P. Peters Ellipse Gallery, California State University, Fresno, CA.
Selected Group, Juried & Invitational Exhibitions
- Figurative Introductions, Invitational, Kaneko Gallery, American River College, Sacramento, CA.
- Invitational Group Exhibition, Carroll House Gallery, Keene State College, Keene, NH.
- Life. Death. Whatever. Invitational Exhibition, Sutton House, London, England.
- Decembral Anamnesis, M Street Arts Complex, Fresno, CA.
- Identity, M Street Arts Complex, Fresno, CA.
- Monte Dei Fiori Collective Award Invitational Exhibition, Galerie Métanoïa, Paris, France.
- EXPO 34, National Juried Exhibition (juror Adrienne Rooney, Curatorial Assistant at Whitney), B.J. Spoke Gallery, Huntington, New York.
- A Single Grain of Rice International Juried Exhibition, Galerie Métanoïa, Paris, France.
- M Street Arts Complex—One Year Anniversary Invitational Exhibition, M Street Arts Complex, Fresno.
- Draw, Drawing, Drawn National Juried Exhibition (curator: Leah Ollman), Vita Art Center, Ventura, CA.
- Hôme Juried Exhibition (curator: Richard Turner), Orange County Center for Contemporary Art & the Vietnamese American Arts & Letters Association, Santa Ana, CA.
- Spectacle Invitational Exhibition, M Street Art Complex, Fresno, CA.
- Breath of Spring (juror: George Rivera, Senior Curator of the Triton Museum of Art), national competition & exhibition, Pacific Art League Main Gallery, Palo Alto, CA.
- Figures & Faces (juror: Hung Liu), national competition & exhibition, Pacific Art League Main Gallery, Palo Alto, CA.
- Interpretations of the Portrait, Arts Visalia Art Center, Visalia, CA.
- Armenian Exchange; Gallery 25, Fresno, CA and Gallery 25, Gyumri, Armenia.
- California Prints: An Invitational Exhibition, Arts Visalia Gallery, Visalia, CA.
- California State University System Print Invitational. Janet Turner Print Museum, Chico, CA.
- Gallery 25 Group Exhibition. Gallery 25, Fresno, CA.
- Gallery 25 Group Drawing Exhibition. Gallery 25, Fresno, CA.
- The Edge of Drawing Juried Exhibition, Conley Gallery, CSUF.
- Three Portfolios Exhibition: Beat for Jesus, Domestic Policy & Women’s Self Image, National Print Exchange Portfolios Exhibition, Conley Gallery, California State University-Fresno.
- Women’s Self Image Exhibition, Talley Gallery, Bemidji State University, Bemidji, MN.
- Beat for Jesus Exchange/Exhibition, National Print Exchange Traveling Portfolio Exhibition: Corcoran College of Art and Design, Washington, D.C., W.H. Over Museum, Vermillion, SD, University of Louisiana Museum, Lafayette, LA.
- Gallery 25 30th Anniversary Exhibition, Gallery 25. Fresno, CA.
- The San Joaquin River Parkway Invitational Exhibition, Fresno Art Museum. Fresno, CA.
- Gallery 25 Members Exhibition, Gallery 25, Fresno, CA.
- The Mound Project—Stephanie Ryan and Anne Scheid, Gallery 25, Fresno, CA.
- Next Wave II: Fresno Artists of the New Era (Decennial Invitational Exhibition), Fresno Art Museum. Fresno, CA.
- Stephanie Ryan: Recent Work, H Street Studios. Fresno, CA.
- Women’s Artwork Silent Auction for Vagina Monologues, CSUF Women’s Alliance, Fresno, CA.
- Figurative Works Juried Exhibition, Armory Art Center, West Palm Beach, FL.
- Glasgow/Mesa International Mono-Screenprint Invitational Exhibition, Gallery of Modern Art in Glasgow, Scotland and the Arts and Cultural Division Gallery in Mesa, AZ.
- LaGrange National XXI Biennial Exhibition. Chattahoochee Valley Art Museum, LaGrange, GA.
- Artlink Art Detour, Open Studio and Group Exhibition, 15 E. Jackson Street, Phoenix, AZ.
- The Figure; Truthful-Vulnerable-Erotic, Studio 4 West, Piermont, New York.
- Sunday at the Shemer, Silent Auction. Shemer Art Center, Phoenix, AZ.
- Faculty Exhibition, University Art Gallery, Truman State University, Kirksville, MO.
- Mimesis IV Exhibition (juried). Central Arts Collective, Tucson, AZ
- Tucson/Pima Arts Council Visual Arts I Fellowship Award Exhibition, T/PAC Gallery, Tucson, AZ. Women in Art, Invitational Fundraiser, University Medical Center, Tucson, AZ.
- ASU/UA Invitational Portfolio Exchange Exhibition, Arizona State University, Tempe and University of Arizona, Tucson.
- Small Prints/Books in U.S.A., Australia, and New Zealand: Traveling exhibition, featured in fourteen U.S. venues, seven Australian venues, and four New Zealand venues.
- Sunday at the Shemer, silent auction. Shemer Art Center. Phoenix, AZ.
- Women's Self-Images National Invitational Portfolio Exchange Exhibition. Chicago Printmakers Collaborative, Chicago, IL and Central Lakes Gallery, Central Lakes College, Brainerd, MN. Angels in Arizona Juried Exhibition. Shemer Art Center. Phoenix, AZ.
- Graduated. International Art Center, Tucson, AZ.
- MFA Exhibition, University of Arizona Museum, Tucson, AZ.
- MFA Virtual Exhibition, http://www.u.arizona.edu/ic/art
- Pulp Friction, national juried exhibition. Mesa Arts Center, Mesa, AZ.
- Mimesis II. Central Arts Collective. Tucson, AZ.
- Northern Arizona University Print Invitational, NAU Art Museum. Flagstaff, AZ.
- 6th Annual Juried Exhibition, Dinnerware Artists' Cooperative Gallery, Tucson, AZ.
- 15th Annual National Print Competition, Artlink Contemporary Art Gallery, Fort Wayne, IN. Mimesis (juried). Central Arts Collective, Tucson, Arizona.
- Works on Paper (juried). Hilltop Gallery, Nogales, AZ
- Transferred States: University of Arizona, Rhode Island School of Design, & City College New York.
- Encompassing Women (juried), Central Arts Collective, Tucson, AZ.
- Printmaking Further (juried), Center of Contemporary Arts, St. Louis, MO.
- Works on Paper, Shelton's, St. Louis, MO.
- Focus on Printmaking (juried), Center of Contemporary Arts, St. Louis, MO.
- BFA Printmaking/Painting Exhibition. Bixby Gallery, WashingtonUniversity, St.Louis, MO