Moustafa Al Hatter
New Artist’s Statement:
- When my art life goes on, with new ideas and new techniques, specially after discovering the wonderful world of digital tools, I found myself need to write a new statement for a group of paintings or even for only one painting.
- To describe the significance of my paintings, I advocate that the highest meaning of my work of art is passion. Sometimes I found myself interested in signs of mysteries in our life and studying evidences of their penetrations into the real world. I have been trying to detect mysterious penetrations in some individuals, trying to discover hidden dimensions.
- I still use a number of the traditional media like watercolors and acrylics on pencil and ink sketches; I scan those in and print them out again to work over them. Then I scan them again and work them up in Photoshop, I get a bit of cross-pollination that way.
Other Artist's Statements:
- The first big change in my work of art took place in the Caribbean 1993, I found myself immersed in the tropical light which suggested an approximation and rediscovering of colors, I found my self ready to start my abstraction paintings after almost fifteen years painting with almost no style.
- My work of arts continues to evolve; in 2000, I began experimenting installation with different materials, and acrylic colors on a wooden panel, with the rhythmic, geometrical patterns, I created a new palette of colors inspired from ancient civilizations paintings and statues.
- I categorize these installations as “Architectural Abstractions” and the first installation of this series comprises seven paintings of different dimensions, colors, shapes, and ideas; these paintings interact with each other in harmony, and I added seven painted wooden cubes in different sizes and shapes, lying on the ground under the paintings, with many lighted candles above them. The installation is accompanied with special music composed specially for it. I called the installation “Millenarian Dimensions” as it was born at the beginning of the new millennium. All pieces of this installation live together in one big family. The idea of creating this installation is to show my span of life, from the early years of uncertainty and worries to the years of fulfilling some of my hopes and dreams.
For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated by arts and crafts. I remember that I loved being outside watching birds, trees, horses, butterflies, spiders, etc., and all those lovely creatures and were in my first drawings. Other times. I was initially self-taught, studying in the various galleries and museums, where I admire the works of John Constable and Eugene Delacroix. At the age of seventeen, I took some painting lessons at the local art academy for one year before attending the university. Since then I tried many mediums by myself – painting with acrylics and water colors, pencil drawing, ink drawing, engraving, and lettering.
- In 1983, I joined the diplomatic service and started to live and work in several foreign countries, including
I also traveled to many parts of the world, enjoying swimming in the Amazon, exploring the Inca civilization in Peru and the Aztec pyramid in central Mexico, diving in Hawaii, traveling to the great savanna and climbing the “Avila” in Venezuela, dancing samba in the Rio de Janeiro carnival, hunting in Kenya, crossing the Panama Canal, climbing the great Pyramid of Giza; visiting king Tutankhamen’s tomb and the Abu simple temple in Egypt.
My works of art has been in eight solo exhibitions, as well as 15 group exhibitions, and my art had been a subject of many reviews and newspapers articles as well as local and international televisions shows in
ONE PERSON EXHIBITIONS:
2005 - January 9 - 20, the main art hall of Al Ahram Newspaper,
2004 - July 5- 14, the main hall of Opera House in
2003 - June 18 - July 20, at ‘Biblioteca Nacional de Panama’ the National Library of
2001 - March 26 - April 28, exhibition at “El Museo de Art Contemporaneo de
2000 - May 20 - June 7, at “Casa Museo
1998 - November 16-30, at "Sala de Exposiciones
1997 - May 22-July 27, at “Biblioteca Central’’ de la Universidad Simon Bolivar,
1996 - April 11-26, at “Universidad Catolica Andres Bello’’, Facultad de Humandidades y Educacion, Centro Loyola,
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS:
2005 - February 7-21, exhibition for diplomats in Shadicore Gallery Cairo, Egypt.
1997 - May 10, the Hall Pro-Venezuela, on the Day of the Plastic Artist in
1996 – August 26, the Art Hall, to celebrate the XXVI Anniversary of the Autonomous Institute of Maquetia International Airport, “Victor Milan Gallery”,
1996 - July 6, exhibition organized by the College of Venezuelan Architects, the Venezuelan Association of Plastic Architects, and the Piquer Foundation with seat in Caracas, Venezuela.
1991 – August 5, a collective exhibition organized by the Embassy at Sheraton Hotel in
1985 – October 9, a collective exhibition organized by the Embassy at the Egyptian Culture Club (Nasser),
CATALOGS AND BOOKS:
2011 - Al Hatter Dreams and Fears, published by AuthorHouse, USA, (under printing).
2005 - Light Inspirations: a catalogue for the exhibition at Al Ahram newspaper, from January 9th to 20th, Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - My Journey towards the Colors: a catalogue for the Exhibition at Opera House, from July 5th to 14th, Cairo, Egypt.
2003 - My Abstract Sculpture Paintings: a catalogue for the Exhibition at National Library of Panama, from June 18th to July 20th, Panama City, Panama.
2001 - Dimensiones Millenaries: a catalogue for the exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary art, from March 26th to April 28th, Panama City, Panama.
2000 - La Danza Del Fuego: a catalogue for the exhibition at National Bank of Panama, from May 20 to June 7, Panama City Panama.
1998 - Camino Al Sol: a catalogue for the exhibition at The Spanish Culture Center, from November 16 to 30, Cairo, Egypt.
1997 - Camino Al Sol: a catalogue for the exhibition at The National Library of Venezuela, from May 22 to July 27, Caracas, Venezuela.
1996 - Fuera De Limites: a catalogue for the exhibition at The Catholic University Andres Bello, from 11 - 26,Caracas, Venezuela.
2006 - December 12, Alektsadya Newspaper, issue no 4805, Moustafa al Hatter, Painting without frames as a symbol of unlimited abstraction, Saudi Arabia.
2005 - February 12, Al Ahrm Alarabi Magazine, year 123, issue 412, Art Exhibition for the Diplomats, written by Elsayed Rashad, Cairo, Egypt.
2005 - February, Sout Elneell Newspaper, Second Edition, Ambassador M. Al Hatter, written by Fawkya Yasyn, Cairo, Egypt.
2005 - February 7 , Alomaal Newspaper , year 39, issue 1920, Ambassador Al Hatter, written by Hyam Abdelhafyeez, Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - December 12, Al Ahram Alektsady Magazine, issue 1875, page 12, written by Rabyaa Shahyn, Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - September 12, Al Ahram Newspaper, page 10, Ambassador Al Hatter, written by Abdu Mobasher, Deputy Chief Editor, Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - August, Al Wafd Newspaper: The Creative Ambassador, by Ezz Eldeen Nageeb,Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - July, The Diplomat Magazine, issue 106; My Journey with colors, by Moustafa Al Hatter, Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - July 26, Al Ahram Alektsady Magazine, issue 1855, page 13;
When a Diplomat have the Art and the Violin, written by Rabyaa shaheen, Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - July 21, Al Ahram International Newspaper, year 128, issue no 42961, page 5: Ambassador Al Hatter, the Artist Sophist by Amany Elkasas, Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - July 18, Al Ahram Newspaper; the Ambassador Artist Al Hatter, written by Nagwa Alashry, Deputy chief Editors, Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - July 15, Al Akhbar Newspaper, year 53, issue 16295: The Diplomacy of Colors, by Abunadarh, Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - July 8, Al Wafd Newspaper, year 21, issue 1063: Ambassador AlHatter at Opera House. By Dr Moustafa Alrazaz, Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - July 6, Al Wafd Newspaper: The Peace at the Ambassador AlHatter Exhibition, Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - July 5, Al Esboaa Newspaper, issue 382, page 17, the Journey of Ambassador Al Hatter with Colors at Opera House, Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - July 5, Al Ahram Newspaper, last page, by Mona Ragab, Cairo, Egypt.
- July 3, Al Mosawar Magazine: the Exhibition of Al Hatter at Opera House, Cairo,Egypt.
2004 - July 1, Al Akhbar Newspaper, year 53, second page; Ambassador Al-hatter, Art and Diplomacy, his Journey toward the Light, by Thorya Darwish, Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - June 30, Al Gomhorya Newspaper, second page: The Journey of Ambassador Moustafa Al hatter with colors, Cairo, Egypt.
2004 - June 4, Al Ahram Newspaper, page 32: at Opera House tomorrow, t Art and Diplomacy, by Makram Honeen, Cairo, Egypt.
2003 - July, El Mundo Diplomatico issue 58: Arte y Cultura, Panama City, Panama.
2003 - June 23, El Panama America: De Egipto A Panama, Panama City, Panama.
2003 - June 22, El Siglo, page 32: Gran Noche de art y Cultura, ofrece el Embajador de Egipto M. Al hatter, by Miguel Moreno (whole page), Panama City, Panama.
2002 - August 25, Al Ahram Newspaper, page 10, Navigation with colors and music, the Journey of Al Hatter, written by Abdu Mobasher, Deputy Chief Editor, Cairo,Egypt.
2002 - January, the Diplomat Magazine, Exhibition of Ambassador Moustafa Al Hatter in Panama, Cairo, Egypt.
2002 - September 6, Al Gomhorya weekly Newspaper, second page, Ambassador Al Hatter, written by Mohamed Ismael, Cairo, Egypt.
2002 - May, Nisf El dunia, page 40, Ambassador Al Hatter Navigating in colors, by Mohamed Nasser, Cairo, Egypt.
2001 - April 8, El-Siglo, Dimensiones Milenarias.
- April 3rd, El Panama America. Panama City, Panama.
- April 2, El Panama America, Panama City. Panama.
- March, El Mundo Social, Dimensiones Milenarias” una muestra de art, Panama City, Panama
- March 30th, El Panama America. Panama City, Panama.
- March 30, El Estrella De Panama, page c1 (the whole page) Dimensiones Milenarias, by Alejandra Aruz, Panama City, Panama.
- March 28, La Prensa, Panama City, Panama.
- March 28, El Universal, page 29, Arte Entre Egipto y Panama, by Eivilyn De Luz.Panama City, Panama.
- March 26, Moustafa Al Hatter: Expone en el Museo de arte Contemporaneo de panama, by Maria Luisa Fernandez, Panama City, Panama.
- March 25, El Universal, page 34, Dimensiones Milenarias en Panama, Panama City,Panama.
- March 26, La Prensa, page 68, Panama City, Panama.
- March 23, El Siglo, page 11: Embajador de Egipto, Gran Exponente de las Artes Plasticas, Panama City, Panama.
- March 22, El Esteria de Panama, page c7, (the whole page): Dimensiones Milenarias en Museo de arte Contemporaneo, Panama City, Panama.
- March 20, El Siglo, page 27: Moustafa Al Hatter, Panama City, Panama.
2000 - October, the Diplomat Magazine, page 3: Ambassador of Egypt Moustafa Al Hatter exhibit in Panama
- August, El Diplomatico: Embajador Al Hatter, Dona Sus Pinturas, Panama City, andPanama.
- August, El Despacho de la Primera Dama Magazine: El Embajador de Egipto Dona Sus Pinturas, Panama City, Panama.
- July, El Mundo Social, page 38, Panama City, Panama.
- July, Al Gomhorya Newspaper, second page, written by Mohamed Ismael. Cairo,Egypt.
- July 3, El Siglo Newspaper, written by Adriano Herrera Barria, Panama City,Panama.
- June 29, El Panama America. Last page: Danza de Fuego, Panama City, Panama.
- June 25, El Siglo Newspaper, page 8: Moustafa Ahmad, Pintura y erudiccion, by Adriano Herrera Barria. Panama City, Panama.
- June 19, La Prensa, page b15: Al Hatter Expone en Panama, by Manuel Vega loo, Panama City, Panama.
- June 19, La Prensa, page b15: Entre el lienzo y la Diplomcia, by Manuel Vega loo, Panama City, Panama.
- June 18, La Prensa, Panama City, Panama.
- June 18, El Panama America: colores viajeros, by Marilina Vergara, Panama City,Panama.
- May 1, El Siglo Newspaper, by Adriano Herrera Barria. Panama City, Panama.
- April 8, El Panama America: Moustafa Al Hatter edited by Agustin Del Rosario, Panama City, Panama.
- March 27, El Panama America: Dimensiones Milenarias, by Raul A. Bernal, (the whole page), Panama City, Panama.
1999 - February 28, Al Ahram Newspaper: The color and light in the art of Moustafa Al Hatter, written by Abdu Mobasher, Cairo, Egypt.
1998 - November 29, Le Progres, issue no 251: UN Embassdeur peintre expose au Centre Culturel Espagnol. Cairo, Egypt.
- November 16, Al Ahram Newspaper, Cairo, Egypt.
- November 16, Al Akhbar Newspaper, Cairo, Egypt.
- November 15, Al Ahram Newspaper: Art and Diplomacy, by Makram Honeen,Cairo, Egypt.
1996 - June, La Nueva Al-Fida, issue no 56 (the whole page): El Pintor Moustafa Al Hatter, written by Blanca Guzman, Caracas, Venezuela.
- May 26, La brujula – Guia Cultural – Publicacion del CONAC : Fuera de Limites, Exposicion de Moustafa Al hatter, Caracas, Venezuela,
- May 10, El Nacional, Moustafa Ahmad Console de Egipto, Miembro de Honor de la Associcion Venezolano De Artistas Plasticas, Caracas, Venezuela,
- April 22, El Universal Newspaper, social 3-17 : Las Pinturas del Consul de Egipto, Caracas, Venezuela,
- April 12, El Universal, Social, Comentarios Del Momento, En La UCAB, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Excellencia Magazine, Year 9, No 13, Page 37: Exposicion de Pintura “Camino al Sol”, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Excellencia Magazine, page 18: Moustafa Ahmad “Esencias”, written by dra Milagros Bello (Sociologa de art, Historiadora de Arte, Criticio de Arte, Y Curadora de Arte Actual), Caracas, Venezuela.
- Excellencia Magazine, page 21: Miembro de honor, Caracas, Venezuela,