My work is inherently affected by the influence of growing up in the 1990′s and experiencing changes in technology. Literally growing with the internet my compositions now appropriate the internet as a medium to remix and curate contemporary culture. The infomania of our times forms stress, anxiety, and insecurity creating a decidedly thoughtful, yet thoroughly confused society. Appropriated imagery's heavy inlaid connotations remark on the biased "truth" in our media driven culture and our own connection to it. Adding my own input confuses the transmission and further extends social commentary. There is vanity in creation, but also struggle in its process.
2001 - 2005
Scholar Graduate of Lake Brantley High School, Altamonte Springs, FL
Fall 2005 – Fall 2012
Bachelors of Fine Arts, University of South Florida – College of the Arts
DVEA (Digital Video Electronic Arts) Major; Printmaking – Minor.
1. Gasp!arilla 4. Cafe Hey!, Tampa, FL - print 1
2. 36th Annual USF Juried Student Exhibition. USF Oliver Gallery, Tampa, FL.
3. The Vault – Spring 2012 USF BFA Exhibition. Franklin Exchange Bank, Tampa, FL.
4. Madonna and Child Traveling Printmaking Exchange - Ochosi Editions.
Benedictine University, Lisle, IL. and La Cultura de Casa Roja, Guatemala City, Guatemala.
1. Graphic Designer/Assistant Manager. The Bootery, Longwood, FL. (March 2000 – Present)
2. Graphic Designer/ Sales Associate. The T-Shirt Diner - Citrus Park Mall, Tampa, FL. (July 2012 – December 2012)
3. Busser. Olive Garden #1702. Altamonte Springs, FL (#1025: Jan. 2008 - Dec. 2012) (#1702: Jan. 2013 - )
1. Music Video for Fairway Oaks Retirement Home, for corporate contest.
2. Festival Video for Tango Panopticon, Commissioned by USF via Robert Lawrence.
3. Documentation of Solo Exhibition, "Seven Seas" by Elisabeth Condon, Hollywood, FL.
4. Commercial for Painting Exhibition, "POUR" curated by Carol Prusa and Elisabeth Condon.
1. Head of Arrangement Committee. The Vault. – Spring 2012 USF BFA Exhibition. Franklin Exchange Bank, Tampa, FL.
2. Internship. Elisabeth Condon for The Seven Seas and Pour. Tampa, FL and Manhattan, NY. (August 2012 - )
3. Presenter. Inquiry and Discovery. Undergraduate Research and Arts Colloquim. University of South Florida, Tampa, FL.
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.