University of Westminster, London
Born in London, UK. Grad. University of Westminster. My current practice and direction into Lowbrow began through my exploration of 18th century Romanticism for “Happiness is But a Bittersweet Illusion” in 2005; a series of mixed-media pieces mixing beauty and happiness, love and solace with graphic scenes of horror or death – a process which required me to trawl the abattoirs, butchers and Smithfields Market for animal blood mixing with acrylic paint and collecting road kill for Sculptures.
My current practice, influenced by American Graffiti, Street Art, and Multiple Religions, centres on faith and gaining or looking for a new beginning, or falling to depths of disillusionment and despair. The segmented paintings illustrate different aspects and juxtaposed perspectives of the same journey. With a kitsch play on notions of life and death and bringing together religious iconography from Egyptian to Christianity to Buddhism, together with symbolism and influences of modern culture and street art, blended with reinventions of eons old scenes of joy, freedom, pain and fear.
Exhibitions and Projects
- Little Summer Benefits, Cultivate Gallery, Vyner Street, London E2
- St Marks Academy, Future Visionaries, London. May – July 2013
- Guest Speaker, St Marks Academy, London. April 2013
- Urban Arts Live, Vibe Gallery, London July 2013.
- A Spot of Red, Menier Gallery, London. 7 - 11 May 2013
- Cities - All Dimensions, Tokarska Gallery, London. March 2013
- The Truman Brewery, Brick Lane, London 2013
- Showcase Cities, Richmix. London. February 2013
- Cycooldelic Revolution, London. December 2012
- Espacio Gallery, London December 2012
- Huddersfield, Festival of Light, Yorkshire. December 2012
- Unhinged Festival, Electric Brixton. London. November 2012
- Affordable Art Exhibition, Vibe Gallery, London. October 2012
- Barcelona Showcase, Casa Batllo, Spain. July 2012
- The Other Art Fair, Ambika P3, London. May 2012
- Luxury Goods, Courtyard Theatre, London. April 2012
- Showcase Cities, Richmix, London. April 2012
- Grey Area, Brighton. March 2012
- Greenwich Art Market. August 2011
- Candid Gallery, London. June 2011
- Merton Abbey Mills, London. April 2011
- Islington Contemporary Art and Design Fair, London. October 2010
- Bite, Islington, London. July 2003
- Marks, Harrow, London. July 2002
- Bromley Art Market, Kent. 2001-2002
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.