FAQ - Using ArtSlant to promote your events, exhibits and artists
ArtSlant provides lots of ways for galleries and artists to increase their worldwide exposure and visibility. Because of our global reach, and the large amount of art enthusiasts who visit us daily for the latest on the art scene, we are a great place to publicize your events and artists.
Here are some of the Features you should consider in promoting an exhibition or artist:
- Our Calendar of Art Events. With our comprehensive gallery listings and exhibition calendar, ArtSlant is a great resource for art-lovers to plan a gallery tour, find out about openings and events, and see who's showing where. Make sure all your exhibits are listed with images and PR for top visibility.
- Write a Review. Have a writer review your exhibit and enter it into ArtSlant. Just go to the Review tab in the exhibition page. All reviews appear under our Calendar in Picks & Reviews.
Advertising with ArtSlant
We know you want exposure and we would love to help. ArtSlant provides special gallery and artist packages for advertising on the ArtSlant website as well as in our weekly E-Slant publication. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about our specialized advertising packages to promote your upcoming events, artists or brand.
Screen shot: Venue Display
Enhance your Venue Profile
- Be sure your name, address and neighborhood are entered correctly. Venues without addresses will be eliminated.
- For every artist you type in the Artist field, you will automatically create a Profile for them showing you as the representing gallery. Claim these Profiles and add their slideshow and bio.
- Your first slideshow image will double as your thumbnail image in our venue listings. Venues with images in their slideshow get much more exposure!
- Put directions and parking info in your text box.
Add your current and upcoming exhibitions
Make sure your exhibits and events are added as far ahead as possible so they will appear on our calendar listings. Ensure that your exhibitions include as many details and images as possible. You can always edit the exhibition and add more information later. For best exposure, include details about the opening, even if it is a private view (you can indicate this in the description box).
To Add Content in ArtSlant, you must be a registered member.
HINTS: Using the Add Data Form for Entering Data
Click on >add an exhibit/event in your CHANGE box on the right side of your Venue Display
- Title: Enter the title of the exhibit. If there is no title, use the artist's name as the title, or something like Group Show.
- Artist(s): Enter artist names in regular text. Watch the drop down to see if the artists are already in our system. With more than one artist, put commas between names. Do not use "and, with, in collaboration with, etc." In the case of a team, use an & - e.g. Gilbert & George. You may enter up to 25 artist names.
- Ditto with curator(s).
- Your venue name will load automatically.
- If you are entering a new Venue, you will be prompted to create the listing for it. PLEASE fill out the address and contact info. If the venue does not have an address, it will be removed from our system.
- Event Type - Choose Ongoing Exhibit (2 or more days) or Event (1 day only)
- Dates: Choose from calendar.
- Hours: select if it is a one-day event. Otherwise, leave it blank.
- Opening: Fix date and times. If no opening, click on "remove this opening."
- Description Text: Paste in press release for show or a short description. You may embed images into text box using the icons on the box menu bar.
- Cost: Skip unless there is a specific fee.
- Tags: Select only appropriate tags.
- Image: Browse for an image. We only accept jpg, gif, or png files. Images in exhibition listings create higher visibility within the website. Complete the caption information as noted. It is very important to be accurate when listing the information on images.