FAQ – Editing Information About a Gallery or Venue Listing
This article is for ArtSlant users who manage a gallery or venue listing. If you want to edit information about a venue you do not currently manage you must first claim your venue.
My gallery's information is incorrect on ArtSlant. How do I change it?
Go to your gallery or venue listing and look for the MANAGE box on the right. It has all of the links for adding and editing venue content. You can only see the MANAGE box if you are logged in. If you are trying to change a venue that is yours but has yet to be claimed, click the click here to claim this venue page link.
Click on edit venue to edit information such as your address, neighborhood, website link, contact information, opening hours, description, the first image for your slideshow, tags, and represented artists.
How do I add images to my venue listing?
• To add images to your Venue, just click on add images in the MANAGE box on the right side of your venue page.
• A new page will open where you can drop and drag new images to your venue page, or click to browse and select images on your computer. You can add as many images as you want to create an unlimited slideshow on your venue's page.
• Be sure that your images are in either jpg, gif, or png format. By clicking on the edit/pencil logo above an image you can add the artist's name, caption information, and other tags so the image will appear on the artist's Profile.
How do I add exhibitions to my venue page?
To add an exhibition, you must be a registered member.
Begin on your gallery or venue listing page. Click add related event in in the right side bar. You will see this form for adding your new exhibition or event listing:
• Venue: If entering an exhibition directly from a venue listing, the gallery or venue will automatically appear in this field.
• Event Title: Enter the title of the exhibition or event. If there is no title, use the artist's name or Group Exhibition.
• Artists: Enter artist names. Watch the drop down to see if the artists are already in our system. IMPORTANT: For exhibitions with more than one artist, put commas between names. Do not use "and," "with," "in collaboration with," etc. In the case of a team, use an "&"—e.g. "Gilbert & George." You may enter up to 25 artist names.
• Curators: Ditto with curator(s)
• Event Type: Choose "Ongoing Exhibit" (2 or more days) or Performance, closing, lecture, or other Event (1 day only)
• Start Date/End Date: Choose from calendar
• Hours: Fill in this field if your listing is a one-time event. Otherwise, leave it blank. If the exhibition has an Opening, select the appropriate button to add information about the Opening.
• Description: You can use this field to include a press release or short description of the show or event. You may embed jpg images and hyperlinks into the description using the icons on the text editing box menu bar.
• Admission Fee: Skip unless there is a specific fee.
• Schools: If a school is associated with this event, type it in and select from the dropdown menu.
Click Save. If you make a mistake, click on edit event in the right side bar to correct. To delete the entire entry, click on remove event.
Adding Images to an Exhibition or Event listing
Once you have saved your new exhibition listing, you can now add images to the listing.
Click on add images in the right side bar.
You can then drag and drop images from your computer, or click on the image box to browse files on your computer. We only accept jpg, gif, or png files.
Once the image is uploaded, you can click on the pen/edit logo just above the image. Complete the image caption information as prompted. It is very important to be accurate when listing the information on images. Note: this image and associated information will automatically appear on the profile of the listed artist.
Hints for adding exhibitions and events
• All exhibitions/events will immediately post on ArtSlant.
• Be sure to fill out all the details of your exhibition/event so our readers can find it easily.
• Add images: images increase visibility on our Calendar listings.
• Add a professional description or press release in the description box.
• If you make a mistake, click on edit event in the right side bar to correct. To delete the entire entry, click on remove event.
How do I remove my venue?
If you are not the manager of your venue's listing on ArtSlant, please contact us to request removal. Be sure to list your venue name and the city in which you are located.
If you have already claimed and manage your venue's listing and want to remove it, simply login to ArtSlant. Go to your venue's page listing. Click on the remove venue in the MANAGE box on the right side of the screen.
Note: You cannot remove a venue that has exhibitions linked to it in the ArtSlant system. If your gallery has closed or is no longer in operation, please contact us and we can take your gallery or venue out of our listings while preserving the exhibition information on our artists' profiles.