FAQ – Entering Exhibition Listings as an Artist
To add an exhibition listing in ArtSlant, you must be a registered member.
If you already manage a gallery, museum, or venue listing on ArtSlant, or want to, please use this FAQ to learn how to add new exhibitions.
Add an Exhibition to your Profile or the ArtSlant Calendar
As an artist, there are two ways you can add a new exhibition to the ArtSlant database. If you do not manage a gallery or venue listing, but want to add an exhibition, you can click ADD AN EXHIBIT from the Calendar drop down menu:
Or, you can go to your Account and select the Exhibitions tab, nestled under ArtSlant Profile. Click on Enter a new exhibition in the grey box on the right:
Entering information about an exhibition
Once you reach the Add an exhibit or event data entry form, simply follow the prompts, filling in as many fields as possible. First, type the venue name into the first field and select your venue from the dropdown list of galleries and museums in the ArtSlant database:
Then follow this form for adding your new exhibition or event listing:
• Venue: If entering an exhibition directly from a venue listing, the gallery or venue will automatically appear in this field.
• Event Title: Enter the title of the exhibition or event. If there is no title, use the artist's name or Group Exhibition.
• Artists: Enter your name. Enter artist names. Watch the drop down to see if the artists are already in our system. IMPORTANT: For exhibitions with more than one artist, put commas between names. Do not use "and," "with," "in collaboration with," etc. In the case of a team, use an "&"—e.g. "Gilbert & George." You may enter up to 25 artist names.
• Curators: Ditto with curator(s)
• Event Type: Choose "Ongoing Exhibit" (2 or more days) or Performance, closing, lecture, or other Event (1 day only)
• Start Date/End Date: Choose from calendar
• Hours: Fill in this field if your listing is a one-time event. Otherwise, leave it blank. If the exhibition has an Opening, select the appropriate button to add information about the Opening.
• Description: You can use this field to include a press release or short description of the show or event. You may embed jpg images and hyperlinks into the description using the icons on the text editing box menu bar.
• Admission Fee: Skip unless there is a specific fee.
• Schools: If a school is associated with this event, type it in and select from the dropdown menu.
Click Save. If you make a mistake, click on edit event in the right side bar to correct. To delete the entire entry, click on remove event.
Adding Images to an Exhibition or Event listing
Once you have saved your new exhibition listing, you can now add images to the listing.
Click on add images in the right side bar.
You can then drag and drop images from your computer, or click on the image box to browse files on your computer. We only accept jpg, gif, or png files.
Once the image is uploaded, you can clikc on the pen/edit logo just above the image. Complete the image caption information as prompted. It is very important to be accurate when listing the information on images. Note: this image and associated information will automatically appear on the profile of the listed artist.
Hints for adding exhibitions and events
• All exhibitions/events will immediately post on ArtSlant.
• Be sure to fill out all the details of your exhibition/event so our readers can find it easily.
• Add images: images increase visibility on our Calendar listings.
• Add a professional description or press release in the description box.
• If you make a mistake, click on edit event in the right side bar to correct. To delete the entire entry, click on remove event.