Paul Whitney Larson Gallery
2017 Buford Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55108
Paul Whitney Larson, a graduate of the university, began his professional career at the University of Minnesota on September 1, 1947 as manager of the Village Union. In 1952 he became Manager of the Farm Union, and upon construction of the Student Center in 1959, accepted duties as its Director and continued in this position until 1979.
Paul Whitney Larson's life was dedicated to the improvement of the educational and environmental life of the University. His innate interest in music and the arts, and a desire to foster the appreciation of the arts among members of the University community was the reason that, in 1980, the Larson Art Gallery was named in his honor.
The 520-square-foot Paul Whitney Larson Art Gallery is located on the Lower Level of the St. Paul Student Center. Exhibitions are curated, designed, installed and promoted by the Visual Arts Committee of the Program Board within Student Unions & Activities.