Art League Houston
Houston, Texas 77006
Art League Houston is one of Houston's longest operating non-profit visual arts organizations and was the first alternative art space in Texas. Founded in 1948 and incorporated as a non-profit organization in 1953, the Art League Houston was created to promote the public appreciation of and interest in the visual arts. During the past 62 years, the Art League has provided over 760 exhibitions to the Houston community, showcased the work of nearly 22,200 artists, and instructed over 35,000 students through the Art League School and Outreach Program.
- Hold 120 art courses for all adults at any level of experience
- Organize 10-16 art exhibitions of emerging and undiscovered talent
- Recognize the Texas Artist of the Year and Patron of Year
- Sponsor teaching artists in HISD classrooms where no art programs exist
- Welcome 40 artists living with HIV-AIDS or other illnesses to make work in our studios each Friday
- Provide art camps for young children during summer and winter school breaks
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.