Sullivan County Museum
Located on Main Street in Hurleyville, NY,
the museum building was formerly the Hurleyville School.
The original structure was built in 1912.
The Gymnasium was added to the back of the building in 1929-30
and the elevator was added to the front of the building in 1990-91.
The last class graduated from the Hurleyville High School in 1945
when county schools were centralized, eliminating the need for small community schools.
In 1971 the building was acquired for use as a county museum.
The Sullivan County Museum houses
The Sullivan County Historical Society
The Catskill Art Society
The Frederick A. Cook Society
The Dramatic Workshop
The Judge Lawrence Cook Room
The displays, library, archives and historical rooms are designed, constructed, decorated and maintained
by volunteer members of the Sullivan County Historical Society.