Edith Breckwoldt Scholarship
Symbiosis, Edith Breckwoldt, Sculpture, Copyright Photo Manfred Wigger
Artist in Residence in Hamburg
• Artist-in-Residence at Künstlerhaus FRISE Hamburg
• Period: October 1, 2016 - September 30, 2018
• Application deadline: March 1, 2016
• Notification of applicants: until March 31, 2016
• rent-free living in artist residency FRISE Hamburg
• Material cost allowance (monthly 275 Euro)
• final exhibition / catalogue (1000 Euro)
• application is open to artists residing in Hamburg or the Hamburg metropolitan region http://www.metropolregion.hamburg.de/karte
WHO CAN APPLY?
Application is open to visual artists and artists of all genres residing in Hamburg or the Hamburg metropolitan region http://www.metropolregion.hamburg.de/karte who have graduated in the last five years to an artistic institution.
Since 2003 The FRISE is located in the former Barber Institute in Arnold Street in Hamburg Ottensen. Today there are about 40 artists working individualy and in group workshops.
· Explanation about the art work (text, max. 1 page)
· Motivation letter and information about the current living and studio situation (max. 1 page)
· Explanation of the planed art project during the stay (max. 1 page)
· CV, Resume
· Work samples: 1 PDF (max. 3 MB) and / or video works (max. 3) via an online link
The application documents are admitted in electronic form via email only and send to the Künstlerhaus FRISE under the subject "Edith Breckwoldt Stipendium".
Please, send the application to:
Application deadline is March, 1, 2016.
Read more about Edith Breckwoldt (1937-2013)
Article about Edith Breckwoldt's Work and Life