Festival of Flowers 2013 - D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts
Springfield, MA 01103
Join us as we celebrate the coming of spring throughout the art, history and science museums! Galleries in all four museums will burst with color when over 40 museum objects are creatively interpreted by florists, designers, and garden club members.
Works of inspiration include French paintings, American contemporary art, Japanese armor, African animals, and the work of Dr. Seuss.
On view in this museum...
- Entry arrangement created by MFA Boston Senior Associates
- The Parsons Family by unknown artist, as interpreted by Barbara Derose, Springfield Garden Club
- Clearing Up by George Inness, as interpreted by Ann Lincoln, Springfield Garden Club
- A Japanese Corner by John Haberle, as interpreted by Pat Parker & Sons Florist
- Love, American Style by Lisa Hoke, as interpreted by Dan Stezko, Flowers Flowers
- Portrait of Pauline Jett Hetu by Jonas Joseph LaValley, as interpreted by Jamie Risley-Hall, Springfield Garden Club
- Black Diamond by Alex Calder, as interpreted by Tom Fredette, Floral Concepts by Tom
- Fall from Grace by Arnaldo Roche-Rabell, as interpreted by Pat Parker & Sons Florist
- New England Scenery by Frederic Edwin Church, as interpreted by Brian Grisel, Langone's Florist
- Abundance by Severin Roesen, as interpreted by Corina Miller, The Botaniste
- Historical Monument of the American Republic by Erastus Salisbury Field, as interpreted by Dan Stezko, Flowers Flowers
- Holy Family with the Infant Saint John by Andrea del Brescianino (Piccinelli), as interpreted by Pat Parker & Sons Florist
- Samson and Delilah by Valerio Castello, as interpreted by Andrea Poirier, The Gilded Lily
- Portrait of Madame Servan by unknown artist, as interpreted by Heather Sullivan, AIFD, CFD, Durocher
- Fishing Boats Offshore in a Calm by Willem van de Velde, the Younger, as interpreted by Ron Carle, Big Y East Longmeadow
- Ophelia by Jules Joseph Lefebvre, as interpreted by Stephanie Robinson, Durocher Florist
- Grainstack by Claude Monet, as interpreted by Barbara-Ann Mineo, Floral Concepts by Tom
- Room by Room as interpreted by Bob Whitney, Spfld. Florist Supply (on the Quadrangle Green)