The Armory Show, taking place March 8-11, 2018 on Piers 92 and 94 in New York City, is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated candidate for a full-time, temporary position during the months leading up to the fair. Applicants must be responsible, detail-oriented, work independently, have good communication skills and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. This role would offer a unique exposure into the contemporary art business world while providing valuable knowledge on the inner workings of one of the world’s largest and most prominent international art fairs.
Duties may include but are not limited to: Communications Administrative Support
• Assisting Communications Manager with: o Final off-site event preparations and execution o Database entry such as removing duplicate requests, and updating individual & press contact information o Processing press accreditation applications prior to the fair
• Manage general inquiry inboxes such as email@example.com
• Coordinate shipments via: USPS, FedEx, and messenger services
• Copy Editing & managing social media accounts
• Conduct research and communication with members of the press pre-fair and on site o Create a master list of journalist contacts at each of the major arts publications On-site Support
• Maintain a professional and organized environment at the press rooms & check-in desk
• Liaise directly with press to: check-in, answer questions, and offer assistance within reason
• Process on-site requests such as: Wi-Fi information, press packs, access to image galleries, and press accreditation • Assist Communications Manager in collecting quotes from key exhibitors, journalists and notable guests Post-Fair Wrap Up
• Inventory: o Remaining press kits & badges o Lost & Found materials
• Capture & format all press clippings • Assist Communications Manager in processing all image requests, liaising with onsite photographers to ensure quick turnaround of images
• Categorize image folders for The Armory Show archives
• Assist Communications Manager with wrap-up report for The Armory Show archives
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please send your resume and cover letter to Rachael Buchwald at firstname.lastname@example.org.