Posted by lo bil on 4/1/13
writing, development document
Within the context of montage, I initiate this procedure on each document I encounter in the Archive, towards a performative end:
- Find fragments that I feel belong in My Paris (the Paris I am building for myself here at home in Toronto), using intuitive grazing of media and personal journals, and trusting my intuition about what belongs in the Collection.
- Enunciate the Paris-ishness of each fragment.
- Brainstorm any potential political signifiers in each fragment.
- Find connections between the fragments and the fragments they generate.
- Imagine an action that links the fragments in the space-time dimensions of theatre.
- Write a transcript of actions, thoughts, and discoveries, accepting that each transcript can lead to a potential improvisation or an action that will be performed in each performance.